RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a used 2015 Range Rover Sport, but I am pretty disappointed with the infotainment system. I know there are a bunch of other forums about upgrading the infotainment but I haven't found any difinitive answers. Has anyone tried this?

https://4x4shop.ca/product/range-rover-land-rover-oem-fit-replacement-screen/

Seems like it replaced a factory 8 inch screen with the bigger more updated 10 inch screen.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
408 Posts
@zachary that link does not work?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Zachary,

It looks very cool! I've seen online a few of those Android infotainment systems that mirror RR's home screen. A couple of things to keep in mind:

- You're only getting a home screen that looks like RR. Once you're into the infotainment, it's all Android OS.
- 2014-2016MY side buttons "push" the screen down away from the outer trim. Once you remove those pieces to accommodate the new stereo, you're going to be left with a gap on the sides. Make sure this system addresses that so you end up with a good fit and finish.

Jose

·
Registered
408 Posts
Am I the only one who can't access the website?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
after getting my overseas friends to check, it would seem the website has a geoip block on South African IP addresses #fail

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zachary,

It looks very cool! I've seen online a few of those Android infotainment systems that mirror RR's home screen. A couple of things to keep in mind:

- You're only getting a home screen that looks like RR. Once you're into the infotainment, it's all Android OS.
- 2014-2016MY side buttons "push" the screen down away from the outer trim. Once you remove those pieces to accommodate the new stereo, you're going to be left with a gap on the sides. Make sure this system addresses that so you end up with a good fit and finish.

Jose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqj7m0yt2Ik
It seems to me like it is able to bring back the original range rover screen and when you're on the home page (not android mode) it looks like the newer range rover screens.

·
Registered
408 Posts
do you have to remove the entire dashboard to replace the screen?

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
anyone else found a reputable outlet for one of these?

·
Registered
408 Posts
PowerfulUK just uploaded this video showing the fitment to their L405.

It seems they are moving towards stocking the Merryway brand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts