RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having recently tried to get more info from Powerchipgroup.com and speaking to them, it seems their numbers have all been disconnected.
Does anyone have any thoughts on how i can give my 06 HSE a little bit of a boost both off the line and while on the highway? Air filter? Someone told me to get a K&N filter but the service guy at land rover said dont because there is oil on that filter that will clog one of the sensors in the engine. Any other thoughts to just give the HSE a little bit more power?

·
Registered
543 Posts
RedRover.

Try a BMC/Pipercross air filter, cold air induction box & custom made cat-back quad pipe exhaust for less back pressure dude ?

Failing this, you could always upgrade to the Supercharged version or check out JE Engineerings web-site for blowing your HSE !

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i will look into that. I think i'm going to go with the Borla Catbak exhaust and was looking into the air filter. does the one you mention have oil on it because i was told that it would mess with the Mass Airflow sensor (the oil that is). also was told that cold air intake was not a good idea on the RRS? warrenty voids etc?

I probably would upgrade to RRS SC but i've got a lot into this one with the stereo etc... and on top of all... I love it!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,470 Posts
Don't expect anything material in terms of gains in HP from the combination of the Borla or other Catback systems and the K&N. I'm running the Borla and have experimented with the K&N, which if oiled properly does not cause any issues with the MAF or warranty.

About the only thing I notice is a different sucking sound with the K&N, but no material gains in performance.

Now the Borla/Magnaflow combination muffler sounds great, looks great, but also doesn't do much for performance...but then again...looks/sound are nice adds as well.

:D :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Borla/Magniflow combination....? how do you mean? I was going to get the Borla, but just the Borla.
did either of you combine the Borla with a Magniflow?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,470 Posts
REDROVER said:
Borla/Magniflow combination....? how do you mean? I was going to get the Borla, but just the Borla.
did either of you combine the Borla with a Magniflow?
Exactly..I had replaced the original system with a full catback Borla system from jazejeff a couple of years ago then recently just changed the muffler itself to a Magnaflow, everything else stayed the same. I had to change the muffler since it got rather badly dented on one of the offroad expeditions...so comparing price and features, I found the Magnaflow a better choice.

Now it's a MagniBorla or Borlaflow or something like that...but it sounds/runs great. I like the deeper sounds of the Magnaflow...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts