RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys,
I had this Fuji white around 2 months from June, today I realized there are some little yellow dot on the car all over if you look closely. I mean is that normal?
Please check the attachment !

Thank you for your time and have a great weekend

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,224 Posts
Could be iron deposits from transportation. If others agree you can use something like iron-X to remove them.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Try to clay the car it should remove the spots my fathers tiguan is white and had spots like that and after doing the claying the car it was removed. It worth the shot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Iron-X will clear it up. You will get the yellow iron spots mostly from the front brakes. Shows mostly on front doors and rear hatch. Use it every time you wash.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's iron deposits from being transported on rail cars. When I worked at a dealership the make ready guys would use clay bar to clean em up. (like the others say) Looks like your LR store missed yours when it came in. They might even take care of it for you if you mention it to them. Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mean Do you guys have the same problem too? Because I only had this car for 3 month till end of August with 1400 miles.

Should I contact the dealer? Or just a buy the clay bar from Amazon?

I just feel like with that much money I spent it shouldn't have something this happened so quick.

Thank you guys!!

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
It is an issue ON the paint, not IN the paint. It is the result of metallic dust that settles on cars during transport. It really is not that uncommon nor is it any big deal. Most of the time these particulates simply wash off during PDI. It is not an issue of how much money you spent or the time it took for the spots to show. You can either bring up it up with the dealer or take an hour and handle it your self. It;s all a matter of how much you time is worth to you to sit at the dealer while they clean your car or the time it takes to drop it off, get a loaner, return the loaner and retrieve your car.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
154 Posts
The spots are on the surface, not in the paint. I have had 5 white vehicles, it's due to the high levels of iron, calcium and salt in the water , and salt that is put on the roads in the northeast. Do not use ironx or such wheel cleaners on the clear coat it will ruin the paint finish. Wash your vehicle really good and then quick detail spray and clay bar the entire vehicle 2-3 times a year, and have it detailed professionally once a year at least.

Good morning guys,
I had this Fuji white around 2 months from June, today I realized there are some little yellow dot on the car all over if you look closely. I mean is that normal?
Please check the attachment !

Thank you for your time and have a great weekend

·
Registered
19 Posts
I mean Do you guys have the same problem too? Because I only had this car for 3 month till end of August with 1400 miles.

Should I contact the dealer? Or just a buy the clay bar from Amazon?

I just feel like with that much money I spent it shouldn't have something this happened so quick.

Thank you guys!!
I'd have the dealer do it. Spend this much money on it, why should you be doing it? Just my $.02.

·
Registered
283 Posts
It sucks. There, the worst is over. Dealers are cheap and do not pay attention to the details. Hell my dealer is still telling people nothing can be done about the swirled up black pillars on the side (get ready for that one btw). I just clayed my car and found iron deposits all over my fuji white car. I got a clay bay from Adam's Polishes. Honestly any good clay bar will do the trick though. I'd do it yourself though, that way you get to know your car. Good news is once you clay the car it will be incredibly smooth to the touch and the paint will really pop with all that contamination off (there's a ton more on the paint that you can't even see that the clay will take care of. I suggest NOT having the dealer will do it as honestly they will probably just mess up it up more. They'll be dropping the bar and using it which which scratch and swirl the paint, or go over it half assed and miss a bunch, or use a very used clay bar and swirl the paint/miss half of it. Do it yourself or have a pro detailer do a full correction/seal. That way at least you know it was done right and the car is ready for anything. Before winter is also a great time to be thinking about these things.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, Atleast now I know it's not only I have this issue, I mean I don't mind this happened after drive for a little while, I just can't take this happened in 2 months old with 1400 miles, I've ordered some clay bars on Amazon, hopefully it will be removed.

Again thank you for all the comments!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello

So after used the clay bar like you said it goes away, the thing is it come back again and again. Does it happen same to your Fuji white? My neighbor thinks I'm crazy always washing the car.

QUOTE=t0pgear;1747537]It sucks. There, the worst is over. Dealers are cheap and do not pay attention to the details. Hell my dealer is still telling people nothing can be done about the swirled up black pillars on the side (get ready for that one btw). I just clayed my car and found iron deposits all over my fuji white car. I got a clay bay from Adam's Polishes. Honestly any good clay bar will do the trick though. I'd do it yourself though, that way you get to know your car. Good news is once you clay the car it will be incredibly smooth to the touch and the paint will really pop with all that contamination off (there's a ton more on the paint that you can't even see that the clay will take care of. I suggest NOT having the dealer will do it as honestly they will probably just mess up it up more. They'll be dropping the bar and using it which which scratch and swirl the paint, or go over it half assed and miss a bunch, or use a very used clay bar and swirl the paint/miss half of it. Do it yourself or have a pro detailer do a full correction/seal. That way at least you know it was done right and the car is ready for anything. Before winter is also a great time to be thinking about these things.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went to the dealer today, the service manger told me, all he can do is give me a detail wash and nothing else he could do.

Since I was in the dealership today , so I check 2 Fiji white RRS turns out all of them has the brown tiny dot even on the brand new cars.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the same issue on my Fuji white vehicle. It's an issue in the Northeast (I live in NYC)--due to the levels of salt, iron and calcium in the water. I do not garage park--which I think makes the situation worse. Whenever I get my vehicle detailed, the spots come out, but it is very annoying.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Buy a bottle of Klasse All-In-One Cleaner Wax (Red Bottle) and it will get these marks off of the surface of the paint. Washing alone it will not do it. Use a microfiber pad to apply the cleaner wax and microfiber towel to remove.

Iron-X will not pull this stuff off. It's more for the small surface particles. What you need is a cleaner wax. I would recommend using a more aggressive clay bar on those areas before applying cleaner wax. You might want to talk to some of the experts over at AutoGeek.

Here's what I do:

1) Wash thoroughly with Dawn Soap (blue) - yes Dawn Soap.
2) Clay Bar
3) Klasse All-In-One Cleaner Wax (as many coats as needed to get out marks/spots)
4) Klasse Sealant
5) Pinnacle Carnuba Wax
6) Pinnacle Carnuba Spray Finishing Wax

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any white car I've ever owned has these, I believe it's from hot metal particles (brakes or exhaust) a good iron remover and/or clay bar has always resolved the issue for me.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have a 2015 Fuji White with 11,000 miles on and dont see anything on it. Must be where you guys are and or washing routine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts