RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
umbertob said:

I am also getting information (but we'll have to see if these changes apply in all markets abroad) that the 2009 will add a heated steering wheel like the FFRR, improved Bluetooth system, redesigned roof antenna pod, new rear spoiler (?), new electrochromic interior mirror like in the FFRR, and will lose the passenger airbag cutoff switch.
These pix can also be found here: http://uk.medialandrover.com/php/news.php?news_id=186

(IF these are MY2009 pix) it apears there is absolutely no change to the interior as suggested in the spy-pix posted here. Which leads me to think those (spy) pix could be of the "redesign" slated for MY2012???

If you study the pix above you'll see it looks like possibly a new front bumper cover (i.e. no dip under grille) and clear turn indicators on the rear. Beyond that there is nothing really "new". I think umbertob is spot on - only "tech improvements" which is insignificant (IMO) :D

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I really like the contrasting stitching on the ebony seats in that picture, very classy. Alcantara centers in the leather seats should be a nice touch as well. The FFRR guys are not going to like it one bit that more and more exclusive bits from their flagship are trickling down to the Sport. :wink: I am not too crazy about the "noble" metallic treatment on the center console, though. I still prefer wood.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't get the love for Alcantara, its just man made suede. Cheaper than leather. Manufacturers seem to be substituting this for leather and getting away with charging for leather.

I'd rather have real wood and real leather rather than Alcantara and "noble" paint.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i understand alcantara for a steering wheel for a sports car, cause it feels very good on the hands and maybe they should start putting it on headliners instead of that cheap cloth thats used. but anywhere else i agree with your statement.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Finally, after YEARS of waiting LR will make a true metallic Black paint for the Sport/FFRR.........Hello Santorini......!

Now, exactly what interior enhancements will make their way to the U.S.?

Also in regards to the facelift exterior and interior pics posted earlier-

those changes ARE coming but not until Sept 09' as a 2010 model. Think of the changes posted above sort of as a last "hurrah" for the current look.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
And the odd thing is why is it called Santorini...when I think of the Greek Islands, I remember seeing lots of blue doors/windows and white houses, and deep blue Aegean see, I can't ever recall seeing black anywhere, unless it's the volcanic ash...but that was always more grey than black.

Who knows...

:D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Has anyone seen Santorini Black ? Is it greyish black? I am curious how it compares to Java Black.

Also are there any shots of the new supercharged wheels?

·
Registered
13 Posts
sbkim said:
Has anyone seen Santorini Black ? Is it greyish black? I am curious how it compares to Java Black.

Also are there any shots of the new supercharged wheels?

Hello,

The Santorini Black can be found on the LR2. I had a look at a MY08 LR2 with Santorini Black paint. Looks nice and metallic BLACK, and I assume that it will look nice on the RRS too.

Have a look at this link regarding the wheels.... http://uk.medialandrover.com/php/images ... 23ad988937

The diamond turn finish option was a no-go for me (put the order in on June 26 for a MY09 RRS SC), since this "option" was 1000$ extra and I have no clue how they look.

But I want the Noble Plating (aluminum look) interior option, but at the moment the order is for dark sebrano wood since the dealer could not find the "aluminum look" in his system.

·
Registered
458 Posts
oh i was under the impression the cheap grey plastic was being replaced by some cheap fake aluminum. i didn't realize they were going to make the wood cheap plastic too!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
19 Participants
gushybear
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing