RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts

Check out the parts that I circled.

In the center of the dash there are Jag XF style climate controls and what looks like a slot for CDs but no head unit. Makes me think integrated audio controls on nav screen. Not something I like but I know most people do like it.

The gauge cluster also looks like the new XF with an improved center info screen.

Also notice that the tach. The Sport is idling but there is no key in the ignition.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Me like.

I like the gauge cluster. the light switches are also different.

Hmmmm. I think I'll be trading in for a newer one.
They still need to get rid of the plastic silver bits.

British_Rover said:

Check out the parts that I circled.

In the center of the dash there are Jag XF style climate controls and what looks like a slot for CDs but no head unit. Makes me think integrated audio controls on nav screen. Not something I like but I know most people do like it.

The gauge cluster also looks like the new XF with an improved center info screen.

Also notice that the tach. The Sport is idling but there is no key in the ignition.

·
Registered
240 Posts
umbertob said:
It's funny how the side vents seem to have "disappeared" on those spy photos... It's the same car - same licese plate - but the snow must be playing tricks with my eyes because I can't see that vent! :)
HOLY **** your right!! i was taking a closer looks and it doesn't even seem as if snow covered the vents up, it looks more like they removed those vents temporarily! haha, maybe LR is watching the forum lool. they should do something with the front grill and give me a LRX if they are haha

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I hear they have a soccer ball holder in the rear! yessssssss :D no more mini V

·
Registered
105 Posts
Actually, lets look at this interior shot in more detail- shall we?

First off, those are not XF HVAC controls but XK..........

Which begs the question- will they move the Sat/Nav screen down below as on the XK and if so what will they do with the current screen up above?

If not then what will go in that large opening above the HVAC?

Also, the Instrument cluster is also from the XK- not the XF......

Lastly, if you notice the Headlight switches are lifted from the Full size Rangie which seems to indicate that again the interior will move upscale......

Oh, and one more thing I wonder what the new keyless starter button will look like?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
MI6 said:
Actually, lets look at this interior shot in more detail- shall we?

First off, those are not XF HVAC controls but XK..........

Which begs the question- will they move the Sat/Nav screen down below as on the XK and if so what will they do with the current screen up above?

If not then what will go in that large opening above the HVAC?

Also, the Instrument cluster is also from the XK- not the XF......

Lastly, if you notice the Headlight switches are lifted from the Full size Rangie which seems to indicate that again the interior will move upscale......

Oh, and one more thing I wonder what the new keyless starter button will look like?
I hope they don't move the nav screen down, that's ergonomically the wrong way to go. Today you really don't have to look down very far to see Nav, and that's a safer way IMHO.

XK or XF - good observation...maybe we can ask for XXX?

Keyless starter button - I wonder if it will be like the JAG's...the one that pulses, or the boring one in the LR2...hopefully, the key location will be a bit more easily accessible than the LR2.

·
Registered
240 Posts
concerning the nav thing, i think they will finally do what should have been done in the beginning, make a dash similar to the big Range, meaning the Sat nav also will control the radio and what not.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
My opinion: It may not have the wow factor of an all-touchscreen solution or a Teutonic joystick thingy, but I kinda like the fact that the radio + phone controls and display, as dated as they look in our car, are separate and independent from the satnav controls. The climate controls, too. True, there are more buttons and the center dash doesn't look as elegant. On the other hand, changing radio station, dialing a phone number, or setting the cabin temperature is a snap. All radio and climate controls on the Sport are within easy reach while driving, the touchscreen is a bit of a stretch, without any tactile feedback and hard to read if the sun hits it the wrong way. I am not a big fan of monitor integrated-everything designs, so I hope they don't overdo it. Maybe use some redundant controls.

·
Registered
382 Posts
umbertob said:
My opinion: It may not have the wow factor of an all-touchscreen solution or a Teutonic joystick thingy, but I kinda like the fact that the radio + phone controls and display, as dated as they look in our car, are separate and independent from the satnav controls. The climate controls, too. True, there are more buttons and the center dash doesn't look as elegant. On the other hand, changing radio station, dialing a phone number, or setting the cabin temperature is a snap. All radio and climate controls on the Sport are within easy reach while driving, the touchscreen is a bit of a stretch, without any tactile feedback and hard to read if the sun hits it the wrong way. I am not a big fan of monitor integrated-everything designs, so I hope they don't overdo it. Maybe use some redundant controls.
I completely agree and would like to add the following opinion;

I think the interior pix shown are EXACTLY what you will get in the 2009-2011 RRS. i.e. dash layout is unchanged. Only switch-gear appears to be updated/improved. I think the NAV screen will remain where it is presently and a new stereo head unit in the console. These are all parts/units that can be easily slipped in/out of the current patform without having to change anything. (BMW did this with the 2007MY 5-series after only 3yrs which is scheduled to be replaced with a new platfrom for 2010MY.)

I've read (where I've no clue) LR has a new platform for the RRS scheduled for 2012MY which is about right based on design cycle. Therefore LR is not going to change anything "structural". Instead just incorporate refreshes/updates using the current "template" (for lack of a better word) as they are doing - I think the pix reflect that.

Further to this point, Take a look at the exterior pix - nothin's changed. Sure there's a new front bumper cover but look closely; there's no "dip" under the grille making it level from headlamp to headlamp. Thus eliminating the bottom horizontal grille bar allowing for the 2-bar grille. I'd be willing to bet every single person on this board a FREE opinion from me, that one could order the "new" bumper cover and grille then have it installed on their 2006-2008 RRS as I suspect there has been no structural modifications. :)

To umberto's other point;
I LOVED BMW's iDrive set up. If I live to be 100 I will never understand why the press hates it so. That said, I like the RRS 10-key pad on the stereo and the stereo separate from the NAV. In iDrive the key-pad is on the screen requiring the driver to use the iDrive controller to "press" digits - NOT convenient. With the stereo on screen (iDrive) you often find yourself changing between phone, stereo or NAV becasue what you want at the moment is not there. This is also inconvenient and distracting.

Cheers,

P.S.
I'm really learning a lot from everyone here so thank you! :wink:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Link didn't work:

TODAY AT GENEVA MOTOR SHOW…
LAND ROVER SHOWCASES LATEST MODELS AND LRX CONCEPT

Gaydon, Warwickshire, 4 March 2008 -

European debut of the LRX diesel hybrid concept and world debut of a brand new, black and silver version of LRX designed to highlight the concept's suitability for contemporary personalisation

Global debut of the Defender SVX special edition, celebrating Land Rover's 60th anniversary

First showings for the upgraded '09 model year versions of Range Rover Sport and Freelander 2

The appearance of Range Rover Sport is refreshed, including extended body colour finish on the tailgate, clear-lens rear lights, new interior colourway, and new alcantara/leather combination seat options. Satellite navigation is standardised across the range

Discovery 3 is refreshed with a more sophisticated exterior look including body-colour front bumper across the range

In addition to minor upgrades on all models, Freelander 2 features additional premium enhancements to the top-of-the-range HSE

For more information on the Land Rover range, log on to http://www.landrover.co.uk

·
Registered
522 Posts
he 2009 Range Rover Sport, one of three updated Land Rover models making their debut at the 78e Salon International de l'Automobile Geneva, includes refreshed exterior trim, new wheel designs and improvements to the interior craftsmanship enhancing the premium feel.

The sales success of Range Rover Sport has continued through 2007 and into 2008, helping Land Rover to a third successive record sales year of 226,000 units. Phil Popham, Land Rover managing director, comments; "Sales have been driven by the hugely popular TDV8 engine, especially in Europe, which offers petrol-like refinement but with 32% better fuel economy."

The exterior enhancements are focused around the refreshed rear end details, which include body colour finish to the tailgate trim, revised tread mat (on upper surface of rear bumper), addition of clear-lens rear lights and clear lens side indicators. The dramatic stance of the vehicle is further enhanced with the addition of a second 20 inch wheel style, available in painted silver or diamond turned finish. The new wheel style is complemented with the addition of a shadow chrome finish now available for the first time on the existing 10 spoke 20-inch Alloy wheel.

The introduction of three new metallic paint colours - Santorini Black, Galway Green and Bournville (black with a hint of brown) - further differentiates the 2009 Range Rover Sport.

The desirability of the Range Rover Sport is further enhanced with the introduction of Noble, a metallic plate finish, on the centre console sides, air vent bezels and door pull handles to emphasize the clean architectural graphics of the cabin. Premium leather with diagonal stitching is now available on door inserts in Ebony, Almond and Ivory. To continue the contemporary sporting nature of the cabin, leather seats with Alcantara centre panels have been extended across three colour options, with contrast Ivory stitching available with Ebony.
The introduction of acoustic laminated side glass to both driver and passenger windows allows occupants to enjoy the updated cabin whilst experiencing reduced levels of road and wind noise, along with increased levels of security.
"The Range Rover Sport excels in its delivery of on-road performance, best in class comfort and refinement with incredible off-road ability across the world. Range Rover Sport is now regarded as the quintessential sports tourer," says Phil Popham, Land Rover's managing director.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

I am also getting information (but we'll have to see if these changes apply in all markets abroad) that the 2009 will add a heated steering wheel like the FFRR, improved Bluetooth system, redesigned roof antenna pod, new rear spoiler (?), new electrochromic interior mirror like in the FFRR, and will lose the passenger airbag cutoff switch.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
19 Participants
gushybear
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing