RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
More like a squished Freelander grill... Me no like it. The side vents look different, too (deeper?) and something's changed on the front bumper, fog lights bezels are more pronounced, plus the whole bumper is not color coded, but that's surely because it's just a prototype. It's not a very flattering picture anyway, it may look better from a distance. Nice catch, MO.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
i thought freelander/LR2 grill as well. the horizontal slits on the vents are closer together or rather the bottom one looks higher.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a lot less aggresive,

JBrac? did you ever make that grill? the one you had me photoshop?

tata for now :lol:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yuck. :roll:
I don't think they really mean to leave the grey plastic bumper like that. Please. The side vents look like the LR2. And the grill looks like an LR2 as well. Bad direction to go if you ask me...

·
Registered
489 Posts
No i have everything to make it just been chilling lately, have crap to do at that real job. can you post the photoshop of that grill to see what people think? My laptop where i have it is out of comission for the moment.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jbrac25 said:
No i have everything to make it just been chilling lately, have crap to do at that real job. can you post the photoshop of that grill to see what people think? My laptop where i have it is out of comission for the moment.
I cant find it, I'll re do it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
**** not feeling it at all... looks more like lr3 in front now or freelander whatever it is...

·
Registered
325 Posts
texas911 said:
Looks like the bumper is a disguise. The grill, meh, doesn't do anything for me. I'll be digging the 5.0L S/C engine though! Or the new diesel.
Guys. This is a test mule. I'm looking forward to the engine upgrade.
Now, all they need to do is remove the cheap plastics, upgrade the NAV, and add cooled seats.Then we'll have another winner.

·
Registered
240 Posts
what they need to do is make a similar center consule to the big range rover and put the 500hp engine in it, and it better be 500whp, **** all the physics formulas and newton's laws. 3 tons should be able to move from a standstill to 60mph in atleast 5 seconds!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
chronoguy said:
[
Now, all they need to do is remove the cheap plastics, upgrade the NAV, and add cooled seats.Then we'll have another winner.
Don't know about the cheap plastic and cooled seats, the big Range needs some bragging rights within LR's offerings so I imagine they wouldn't want to make the RRS too nice on purpose... But regarding the NAV, it's interesting that they also had a FFRR test mule (and an LR3, allegedly both of them were fitted with the new 5-liter engine, as was the RRS in the picture above) on the same trip to the Arctic circle, and the steering wheel controls on the FFRR taken in a spy photo looked identical to the ones Jaguar is using on their newest car, the XF:

2009 FFRR Test Mule spy photo:

Jag XF interior:

That hopefully means we may all soon be getting the new Macromedia enabled satnav / infotainment system as the latest Jags, which would be a huge improvement over the current unit. It would also be consistent with what I saw a couple of years ago at a LR event, they were showing a future version of the satnav / infotainment system for our cars, it was very sleek and looked identical to the one that made it on the new Jaguar XK an XF, minus the Jaguar logo of course. :wink:

My bet is that MY 09 LR3, RRS and FFRR s in the US will all get a normally aspirated 5.0 liter engine to replace the 4.4 liter, probably good for 350 hp. The RRS and FFRR will also get a S/C version of the same engine, good for 500 hp or almost. Hopefully they start importing the V8 diesel also, but it may not happen in 2008. :( And the LR3 will undergo a major redesign, it needs it badly as its sales have been pathetic in North America.

Full article: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new ... s-new-V8s/

·
Registered
489 Posts
Man thats good info umberto, i cant wait to see the new nav infotainment system. The info unit on the new infinities is WAY better than anything out and that looks like it will as be finally on the same level. That almost will make me trade in my 06 for that. Makes such a difference in appeal.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts