RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
No regrets. It's been my dream car for years but kept getting talked out of it for years because of the reliability issues but really love my 2012 RRS/SC. I know I b!tch a little about it but I really think you get a lot of bang for the buck.

It's funny, I was wanting the BMW X6 and now I see them and I'm so glad I went with the RRS.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, doesn't time fly!!! I can't believe it's been 6 months and 4500 miles since I got it. Zero problems so far, except a nail in a Tire and rear Bumper re-paint, but that doesn't count. I would still buy it again if I could re-wind the Clock. :thumb:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Some regrets, but not much. I had driven 1 98 Disco I, and a 2003 Disco II for the last 10 years, and loved those trucks. I wanted the performance of the SuperCharged engine, and overall better handling. But I do miss the ride height of the Disco, and that it looked happier off road, than on road.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No regrets here. After bugging my man of 3 years about wanting a RRS since high school he finally surprised me with my black 2006 RRS 2 months ago (47k) . We talked a lot about what could be go wrong with the car (electrical or mechanical) and looked into how much parts would typically cost. We also investigated this forum to read about common/known issues. I can say that you guys helped his decision in giving me the best present ever! Thanks :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Love my 08 sport 65,000 and no major issues to date...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used to have an '02 S4 that was APR stg 2+. Hell of a fun car and the turbo surge/whistle was addicting. Mine, however, ended up with oil leaking onto the exhaust manifold setting the engine bay in flames. After $$$$ fixing it, quickly sold it. It's been all Land Rovers since then.
I love my 2010 RRS supercharged... Only reget is not being in the UK where it comes in diesel!!!
I still have an 02 Audi TT with stage 3 and a whole bunch of goodies... I absolutely love the car.. but I also love the RR just in different ways.... Can't really compare the two....

·
Registered
21 Posts
My regret is that I bought a 2013 X5 last year when I should have bought the RRS. Took a bit of a hit on the trade in, but the RRS is awesome. Only had it for two weeks, but its night and day more classy, comfortable and capable than the X5.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I traded in my favorite car I owned which was my cayman S, but I love the sport it's a nice mix of both worlds. No regrets love it

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've only had my 08 RRS HSE for a few weeks now but I wake up every morning excited to jump in it. I had a issue within the first week that I bought it (was caused by the dealer) so I'd hardly fault the RRS for it. That rocked my confidence a little at the onset but it's rebuilding each time I crank it up.

Trying to convince the wife we need one of the new LRs when she's ready to get rid of her current truck. Keeping it in the family lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Purchased my first Range Rover (used 2012 RRS) a month ago. Have really been enjoying it on and off road here in Arizona. Have owned over 30 vehicles over the years-Corvettes, Jeep CJ 5, Jag XJ 6, Ferrari 328 GTS-many of which just sat in the garage and were rarely driven. With age I have come to realize you should enjoy your "toys" and drive the RR daily. They certainly have their own personality! Having a blast daily and hope not too many maintainence issues arise, but "it is what it is". No guarrantees in this life!!! Happy Trails

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up my pre-owned 2008 RRS a month ago, and am still smiling.

Used to drive a Series 2 SWB LR at University in the UK, and always looked forward to one day owning a RR.

Agreed, there were other options for the money with more toys. But, few other cars have the same presence on the highway or office parking lot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am still in that inbetween stage of being over the moon at buying my all time dream vehicle to crapping myself because all is not well!!! scared to death that I am going to need a second mortgage to fix the thing. So far we are trying a new battery to prevent the familiar HDC inactive/check coolant level warnings that appear daily. Along with putting it on a diagnostic machine and the mechanic shaking his head and frowning. Hopefully things will come good and I will enjoy this beautiful intelligent car - I will just get down on my knees and pray every night that in the morning we have trouble free motoring.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I will just get down on my knees and pray every night that in the morning we have trouble free motoring.
Let me know how that works for you, once People started praying bad stuff stopped happening.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it is the leather smell you regret Zaino carry a product for leather that smell leather fabulously. If you are interested i can find you the exact references. I used it for the xkr, it 's real good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I must say I am seriously on the fence between a rrs or gx470, but after reading all these positive posts here its getting me all hyped up. This is exactly how my wife and want to feel when we get into our next purchase, this post may have pushed me to the rrs. Thanx

·
Registered
28 Posts
I trade in my 2006 RR HSE for a 2008 RR Supercharged....what a difference.....I did not have such fun driven the HSE...but with the supercharged....I own the road...this car just moved...Happy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anybody hauling young kids around in their sport, I have three 7, 6, 4, how's the room over the long term?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts