RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was driving around today I started paying attention to other Cars and SUV's that others were driving, I don't normally do that, but today I did. Later I was driving past my Dealership and stopped by to say hi.

I thought to myself, if I could wind the Clock back to the Day before I bought my RRS would I still buy it ? And the answer was YES!!

After owning and driving my Rangie for a month, I absolutely love it.

How about you Guys? Do you wish you could wind back the clock?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
192 Posts
Would only wind back the clock for the new Rover smell again. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Not even close.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
As a first time owner, I would have to say no regrets so far. I look forward to getting into it everyday and driving. My RRS definitely has a personality and I am enjoying it more each day. My favorite vehicle to date that I have owned was my 2002 Audi S4 and that soon may change. The RRS is really growing on me...

-Chris

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
47 Posts
I was very skeptical about getting into another Range Rover, after being a first time owner of a RR Evoque, I thought these cars were just brand and they were all the same! my mistake, I got into a Range Rover Sport HSE and my judgment has completely changed!
Such a great car, no regrets, even after driving the TOP OF THE LINE Jeep Overland Summit for 20K less and with lots, I mean LOTS of extras that the L.R. does not offer, but I can not feel better to just think and thank myself! I GOT A RRS 2013.
Thanks and a great 2013 for all.
brazeagle

·
Registered
70 Posts
Tough question. Just got my 2011 Range Rover Sport SC with 20k miles a few weeks ago (found on ebay..bought sight unseen and had it shipped from Colorado to Virginia) and I really do like it..a LOT. Pristine condition. Only potential regret (in hindsight) is not being a bit more patient..because my 2011 is almost identical to this one....and I could have saved thousands.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Range-Rover-Sport-Supercharged-2010-white-on-white-with-factory-warranty-/271123982556?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid=111000&algo=REC.CURRENT&ao=1&asc=14&meid=4553247365761776130&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=271123982556&&forcev4exp=true

·
Registered
25 Posts
Funny you say that. I pick up my 06 RRS tomorrow and my last most fav car was a 01 audi s4. That car was sweet to. Good to hear you have no regrets

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
263 Posts
None, nada, nix, love every minute in my truck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife drives a 2012 Evoque with 9,000 miles with absolutly no problems and gets all the looks from people. I traded in a 2007 Tahoe LTZ that had the transmission sitting on the dealer floor after owning it for about three weeks. I like the brand soo much I bought myself a 2013 RRS LUX. No remorse here...

·
Registered
29 Posts
No buyers remorse at all even if I just got into an '13 RRS S/C LE because LR had to buy back my Evoque. My first choice last summer was the RRS but was fascinated by the design of the Evoque and I figured the RRS was in its last model year. So, I bought the Evoque then. Clearly, that wasn't meant to be as I am in an RRS now and I love it!

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
741 Posts
Funny you say that. I pick up my 06 RRS tomorrow and my last most fav car was a 01 audi s4. That car was sweet to. Good to hear you have no regrets
I used to have an '02 S4 that was APR stg 2+. Hell of a fun car and the turbo surge/whistle was addicting. Mine, however, ended up with oil leaking onto the exhaust manifold setting the engine bay in flames. After $$$$ fixing it, quickly sold it. It's been all Land Rovers since then.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 2010 HSE is the vehicle I have loved owning the most. It's just fantastic and I'll probably get the next generation next year or the year after. My previous car was a manual 2008 Audi S5 and I had a 2005 S4 before that. Nice V8's... and a balance of comfort and performance. But the Range Rover has a much more luxurious interior (I have Ivory and black lacquer finish) and the seats are the best I've sat in. It even gets a few looks which surprises me as the design isn't new anymore, but clearly many people find it attractive.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Had some sleepless nights and kept second guessing myself for about a week after the purchase as I heard electrical problems and reliability issues with LR. Have had some issues after purchase but any inconvenience from this pales in comparison to how much I enjoy driving this truck. I like my wife's LX470 but it does not give me that same excitement. The only other ride that gave me almost as much satisfaction - eons ago - was an '84 Jeep Laredo CJ7 with extreme modifications from Automative Trik in NY. RRS has a "presence" (like the commercial aptly states) that few other cars have.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
44 Posts
No remorse. Had one minor rattle in the steering column that was easily fixed under warranty. Found in the first month. Engine has broken in and is much more lively than our previous 2009 BMW X5 4.8i. Not sure how else to put it but the Bimmer always felt as if it was fighting itself, that it was suffering from driveline losses/ drag. The RRS feels quicker in a straight line. Much prefer BMW iDrive to RR touch screen. RRS gets noticed more than X5, but live in a small town.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes. Best vehicle I have ever owned and would buy it all over again...

·
Registered
9 Posts
No remorse. I bought my 2006 HSE with 17000 miles on it in 2010 and plan on keeping it for a very long time. Now has 56000 with barely a hiccup. The only issue I had was with the leveling headlights two days after I bought it. No real problems since.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Being a new RRS owner ( a new to me 07), I still have a little bit of buyers remorse left. But its due to me letting go of my old whip, my 07 TL. I had so many memories with that car and grew very attached to it. I began looking for a RRS back in October and searched these forums intensely for both good and bad stories. I finally found the car in December (fully loaded with cold climate, luxury package, and rear entertainment system) for a great deal with the trade in. Was it too soon for me? Perhaps. The moment was right, I had a tempting price, and the dream car all at my hands.

It was a bit painful for me to let go but, owning and driving a RRS was on my bucket list and I decided to take the leap. An educated leap of course (inspections, research, etc.). I've driven the car for awhile now and I am enjoying it day by day. Yes, I still think about the TL (even saw her today at the lot when I went to pick up the plates, talk about an emotional ride back home!) but I know that they'll be more memories with this car. But who knows...I just may run into that TL one day...but for now, live and let live.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, that's great! So far everyone who responded are happy with their decisions.

Update: I've owned mine for a couple of months now and if it was destroyed by a Meteorite I would go straight back to the Dealership and buy another one ( Obviously not if I was in it at the time). Except maybe in Black for a change, mine is white, but I like both.

"Wait, you're back so soon? What happened to your Rangie"?

"Erm, you not gonna believe this......."

·
Registered
458 Posts
As a first time owner, I would have to say no regrets so far. I look forward to getting into it everyday and driving. My RRS definitely has a personality and I am enjoying it more each day. My favorite vehicle to date that I have owned was my 2002 Audi S4 and that soon may change. The RRS is really growing on me...

-Chris
I really like what WoodsonC wrote. They have a personality. That's the only way to describe it. On a previous post, I was venting about the many things these Rovers don't have. Eg. Remote start, crappy infotainment and things like an extremely inaccurate navigation system. No apps, no customizing gauges like the new Dodge Dart and 2014 Grand Cherokee. But once I start driving it around, I'm like, "Man, this thing is its own beast." I was given the new Ford Explorer while my car went in for bushings and some trim repair. The Explorer was very smooth, very quiet and had all the electronic wizardry you'd want with the Ford Sync. (Though the car itself was underpowered with the NA V6. No torque, all horsepower. Rev it high to get into any sort of power.) The problem with it was, it had no soul. It was boring. I could get in, quickly and quietly rack up 50,000 miles and never crack a smile. (I was a little shocked with its torque steer.) That's boring driving.

The only remorse I have is buying a car that has an infotainment system out of the stone age of modern automobiles. As a tech guy, this is a pretty big deal to me.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts