RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Got new wheels for the car. XO Luxury Milan 22 x 10.5
Already had stock 22 ATB wheels which I'm keeping as a spare set.
I liked these because of the concave design and of colour, matte black, being the in 'thing' these days.

They look great IMO, especially while rolling and surprisingly well priced too (although I went through a friend who didn't apply any "taxes" on top).

Lots of pics below.

Cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm going to guess +38 and 285/35/22 .. Could be wrong though

I'm buying same wheels but going to try and get a 40 profile mounted on there. Should be doable . Right now i have 275/55/20's mounted with no clearance issues even in access height

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure of the off-set.

I put the standard tyres on there (from 22 ATB wheels), they fit no problem. Will probably go wider once these tyres are done.

If you have ATB wheels, I would keep them as they're worth a bit and it is always handy to have a spare set.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am not sure of the off-set.

I put the standard tyres on there (from 22 ATB wheels), they fit no problem. Will probably go wider once these tyres are done.

If you have ATB wheels, I would keep them as they're worth a bit and it is always handy to have a spare set.
Do you have spacers on?

2015 RRS v8

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ended up buying the same wheels 22 x 10.5" ET38 for 2015 ATB Santorini Black.

Wrapping the rears in 305/40/22 and front in 275/45/22 Nitto NT40S (.4% diamater difference). Should fill the wheel wells out nicely . Will send pics once mounted. Current winter setup has 275/55/20's mounted which is slightly taller and fits perfectly, no rubbing in access mode.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Post pics when you do. Will be interesting to see how the different tyres look on the wheels.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Seems like not many people in the RRS community go for staggered setup or push the limits on fitment at all ? I come from the BMW world where rubbing is fact of life :)

Thought winter setup would be a bit sketchy in access mode but turns out there is TONS of room (275/55/20 is 31.91" tall ) I'm pretty sure with a 275 or 285 we can fit a 32" with the right offset 38 mm or larger.
2015-02-05 06.43.14.jpg 2015-02-05 06.43.26.jpg
Post pics when you do. Will be interesting to see how the different tyres look on the wheels.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm from BMW world too (335i, e93 m3) so are others on here, but with AWD/4WD cars you have to be careful of what sort of staggered set-up you run. (I would not run a staggered set-up for the wheels at least, just the tyres).

Looking forward to pics with the XOs on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where did you get them from? Do you mind me asking how much you paid? I am also considering these wheels in YYC. Not staggered, but looking at 305/40 all round...

Ended up buying the same wheels 22 x 10.5" ET38 for 2015 ATB Santorini Black.

Wrapping the rears in 305/40/22 and front in 275/45/22 Nitto NT40S (.4% diamater difference). Should fill the wheel wells out nicely . Will send pics once mounted. Current winter setup has 275/55/20's mounted which is slightly taller and fits perfectly, no rubbing in access mode.

·
Registered
43 Posts
305/40 all around? I think that might be a bit wide up front for full lock in access mode but might be fine otherwise. Please let me know how it goes once you got them mounted !!

Got them from KX Wheels in Surrey. $600 per wheel Amazing price when you factor in the current CAD/USD exchange rate. $25 shipping per wheel with tires mounted.

You can email Deep at [email protected] . He'll hook you up. Great customer service

·
Banned
67 Posts
305/40 all around? I think that might be a bit wide up front for full lock in access mode but might be fine otherwise. Please let me know how it goes once you got them mounted !!

Got them from KX Wheels in Surrey. $600 per wheel Amazing price when you factor in the current CAD/USD exchange rate. $25 shipping per wheel with tires mounted.

You can email Deep at [email protected] . He'll hook you up. Great customer service
Same exact wheels here.. Save a nice chunk of change as these are just cast wheels, they're not Forged or expensive multi-piece wheels, here they're on Ebay for roughly $450.00 Each Unless your deal INCLUDES??? Tires then the pricing would be very close if your deal includes TIRES all around too? Either way a very good looking wheel, I considered these too until I found out they are Cast wheels = cheap wheels, that aren't made for ANY off road use whatsoever.. They'll crack & deflate very easily vs a good Forged 1 piece
http://www.ebay.com/itm/22-RANGE-RO..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item3f34f0aaf7&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
43 Posts
Correct they are one piece cast. You get what you pay for at only $450 USD or $600 CAD you cannot expect a 22" x 10.5" flow form forged wheel or even rotary forged. Looking around there is almost no quality complaints about XO out there. They're's always the chance you could smoke into a pothole and crack a wheel which is why i always try and mount as much rubber as possible 305/40/20 is 4.8" sidewall height. What are you doing with your RRS exactly that is pushing you towards forged only? For the price of some Strasse or ADV1 forged wheels i could afford to replace all 4 corners with new wheels .

Same exact wheels here.. Save a nice chunk of change as these are just cast wheels, they're not Forged or expensive multi-piece wheels, here they're on Ebay for roughly $450.00 Each Unless your deal INCLUDES??? Tires then the pricing would be very close if your deal includes TIRES all around too? Either way a very good looking wheel, I considered these too until I found out they are Cast wheels = cheap wheels, that aren't made for ANY off road use whatsoever.. They'll crack & deflate very easily vs a good Forged 1 piece
http://www.ebay.com/itm/22-RANGE-RO..._Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item3f34f0aaf7&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
236 Posts
Correct they are one piece cast. You get what you pay for at only $450 USD or $600 CAD you cannot expect a 22" x 10.5" flow form forged wheel or even rotary forged. Looking around there is almost no quality complaints about XO out there. They're's always the chance you could smoke into a pothole and crack a wheel which is why i always try and mount as much rubber as possible 305/40/20 is 4.8" sidewall height. What are you doing with your RRS exactly that is pushing you towards forged only? For the price of some Strasse or ADV1 forged wheels i could afford to replace all 4 corners with new wheels .

The XO rims are pretty strong since they are low pressure cast. I have a set on my 2012, and they are great.

Besides, the factory rims are low pressure cast too. Not a lot of difference between the mid-tier aftermarket wheels and OEM wheels for the most part.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,550 Posts
Who's wheels are made in Germany other than BBS? Did I miss something ?

Most mid tier wheels built in China these days. Chinese steel and manufacturing techniques come a long way in last 10 years.
Look on the back of your wheels. I have. I'll take the German ones.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts