RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I'm new here to posting but definitely not new to read all of the great help/comments/suggestions you guys have. Here is my question...

2014 RRS ATB Dynamic - If you look in the owners manual under fuses, in the engine compartment fuse box, fuse #13 is listed as "exhaust valve". I had a 2011 Corvette with active exhaust and one of the tricks was to pull the fuse and it causes the flaps (valve) to stay open, and sound amazing all the time (its not as loud or obnoxious as you would think.) Has anyone tried this on a MY14 sport?

I definitely don't want to go messing around with a 100k vehicle without checking with the experts first. I can't think of any way pulling the fuse would hurt, but was wondering what you guys thought.

My only negative thought...The engine was not tuned to run 100% of the time with the valves open. Possible issue with AFR? Lean? Rich? Still, I think it would be such a small change that the ECM would compensate, right? Does the engine being supercharged compound this possibly?

Thanks to all in advance who take the time to reply!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I read somewhere, perhaps here, that if you have the vehicle in Dynamic Mode and the tranny in Sport Mode, that the exhaust is also opened/ louder. It does indeed seem louder, but when I have both of these engaged, my foot is solidly planted on the accelerator. It could all be in my mind, but seems likely.

·
Registered
91 Posts
very curious to hear the outcomes; my gut was that it sounds louder in dynamic mode but would be good to hear definitely

·
Registered
114 Posts
Definitely louder in dynamic mode. Definitely a lot of work put into the exhaust note by the JLR engineers. They discuss it at length in a magazine that I received from them. I'm sure there are ways to "trick" it out, as well. Although that probably makes those engineers cringe.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
293 Posts
Definitely louder in dynamic mode. Definitely a lot of work put into the exhaust note by the JLR engineers. They discuss it at length in a magazine that I received from them. I'm sure there are ways to "trick" it out, as well. Although that probably makes those engineers cringe.
What magazine would that be? Sounds like a good read.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,423 Posts
As the op mentioned, some C6 Corvettes have an active exhaust where the path to the mufflers is opened up when 12 volts are applied to a solenoid. Some owners have simply pulled to fuse to have a louder exhaust sound. Others (myself) have installed a switch on the console so that the exhaust can be controlled by the driver.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
293 Posts
As the op mentioned, some C6 Corvettes have an active exhaust where the path to the mufflers is opened up when 12 volts are applied to a solenoid. Some owners have simply pulled to fuse to have a louder exhaust sound. Others (myself) have installed a switch on the console so that the exhaust can be controlled by the driver.
i wonder how many Vette owners we have on here? I have a foot switch hooked up to keep my exhaust open on my Grand Sport Vette. I'll pull the fuse on my Range and report back!

·
Banned
243 Posts
What magazine would that be?
the one that shows up in your mailbox about a month after you buy a Range Rover.

it's Land Rover's proprietary magazine. called One Life or something. purely promotional material, but they actually have very interesting stuff in there. Kid Cudi is referring to an article they did where they analyzed the exhaust note of the RRS V-8... making visual representation of sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys,

Just want to say thanks for all the great posts! I had a switch like some of you guys mentioned on my C6. It was controlled remotely by a key fob. I'm still trying to figure out if its just dynamic mode or just sport mode or a combo of the two that opens the exhaust. I'm pretty **** sure its not just sport mode. I also looked at the under carriage and couldn't find any wires (besides O2 sensor) that lead to or from the muffler/pipes/resonator. This thing is becoming an enigma to me.

Also, I cant find a single piece of documentation that says we do have active exhaust. I do trust me ears though, and I can definitely hear it. Still trying ascertain if its opened at a certain RPM like the C6 was.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
it's Land Rover's proprietary magazine. called One Life or something. purely promotional material, but they actually have very interesting stuff in there. Kid Cudi is referring to an article they did where they analyzed the exhaust note of the RRS V-8... making visual representation of sound.
Also available @ iTunes

·
Registered
381 Posts
Soooo, has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far I've found out...
Pulling the fuse with the vehicle off does nada. Took it for a test ride and could not hear any difference. The mystery continues...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts