RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So need to replace my tires.. I have a 2015 RRS with 22 inch OEM wheels with Continental cross contact 108Y LX tires. Dont think i can get part number from the tires itself. When i check the web, i see two part numbers

03549260000 - $275
03543870000 - $385 (Conti Silent ??)

There is a big price difference.. I called continental and they say the part number ending with 7000 is conti silent. I dont see 6000 listed in their website..

The ratings and load all seem to be the same.. Does anybody know if I can go for the non-silent one assuming I'm OK with noise ??.. Are there really 2 models for same tire??

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
9 Posts
It happened to me as well. When ordering the price was very attractive but had to return them because the ones that arrived were not the silents.
I think that as long as the load and speed ratings are the same you shouldn’t have any problem picking any tire you want, even a different brand.
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you returned it because you wanted the contisilent?? but you bought the regular ??

Wonder anyone has nay feedback on the non-silent regular ones...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Because I wanted the silent ones. Haven’t tried the regular ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK got it. I bought my RRS used and looks like it doesn't have silent one.To be honest I felt the noise was rough when I drove home the first time with the truck. But now I'm kinda used to the noise.. Will see if the extra $$ is worth it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I had the Michelin on mine and they were noisy too. I switched to the Pirelli Scorpion Verde and they were way silent in comparison. They are all seasons vs the performance summer Michelin. The contisilent have compound lining on the inside that makes them more silent, and I have driven my brother's sport that has the regular contis and I did feel like even those were marginally better than my Michelin, so I will assume you should not hear much noise with the silent ones. Is it worth it? Depends on price difference.

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
189 Posts
I had the Michelin on mine and they were noisy too. I switched to the Pirelli Scorpion Verde and they were way silent in comparison. They are all seasons vs the performance summer Michelin. The contisilent have compound lining on the inside that makes them more silent, and I have driven my brother's sport that has the regular contis and I did feel like even those were marginally better than my Michelin, so I will assume you should not hear much noise with the silent ones. Is it worth it? Depends on price difference.
The Continentals will get noisy as heck as they age. Had them on both my 2015 Audi A8 (the DWS 06, which was the highest rated tire on Tire Rack at the time) and my wife's old 2012 GL550 (the CrossContact UHP, which was the OEM tire) and the tire noise after 10,000 miles on them was ridiculous. They were both fine for the first 10k miles but the tire roar after that was awful.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put the Conti Silents on my used 2016 back in October. They are much quieter than the standard Continentals that had ~24K on them. dwboston is correct, the Continentals much really get noisy the more miles on the tires. Oklahoma doesn't get much in the way of winter weather, but the tread has been great on the icy roads.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
One of the biggest reason for tires becoming noisy is uneven wear, it is really important to rotate tires often to maintain the most even wear patterns.

One thing to keep in mind while shopping directional tires will be louder than no directional due to the way the are moves through the treads.

I think the USA should implement the standards like EU did about labeling for both wet and dry sound levels.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had ordered 1 used tire from ebay to replace one which had a side wall damage. Still had good thread on other 3. maybe like 5/32 depth. But amazon had these tires for $216 each... They dropped from $285 to $216 this week. Everywhere else it was $350 plus.. So went ahead and bought 4 and had it installed today...

Going to keep the old tires for any emergency replacement... Any idea how long you can store the tires and how to ??. Should they be stored at room temp??

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
best to store them in the garage if you have one closest to room temp the better, severe temp changes will slowly degrade them. Its also a good idea to wash and put a rubber tire protectant on them to keep them from drying out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts