RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a strange observation about my front windshield. After many weeks of rain in Texas, I finally had a chance to detail my 2013 RRS. I spent about 30 minutes getting the front windsheild spotless in and out, so I thought. In the garage or anywhwere else it looks very clean. But, when the sun is in front of me and I look closer, there are an infinite number of tiny crystals throughout the windsheild. Does anyone else notice this and is it normal. The window is not heated.

Thanks,

Gerry

·
Registered
192 Posts
Those aren’t crystals. I am going to guess you have at least 60k miles on your Sport and the majority of it on the highway.
What you are seeing is pitting. This is caused by fine particles, such as blowing sand, impacting the windscreen at highway speeds. Unfortunately, there is no fix other than a new windscreen. But as you noted, it will only be noticeable when driving into the sun in early morning or late afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Mine actually has 23,000 miles and I bought it with 16,000 miles. The original owner kept it in the garage and rarely drove it. My dad took a look at it and immediatley said it was overspray. I told him that the original owner replaced the heated window with a non-heated window. He said there was a good chance that this glass stayed in the shop and was hit with overspray. We scraped it with a new blade and some came off. So, I feel much better.

Thanks again,

Gerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts