RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my car for 3 years since new with no probelms until now. After Driving for about 30 to 40 minutes the car starts missing and vibrating and engine stalls, last time engine would not start at all. have been told this could be a crank shaft sensor failure. the car has been in the dealership for the last 2 weeks and as it has been intermittent they are struggling to fix it. any suggestions.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Need a lot more info is it petrol, diesel, supercharged? What has dealer already replaced? Did it get progressively worse or did it suddenly happen?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
838 Posts
Missing and rough running will usually trigger a code in the OBD which is saved for scanning whether intermittent or constant. OBD should direct the mechanic fairly close to the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is a 3ltr Diesel Oct 2012 RRS HSE Lux, it started as and engine miss then engine stalled at traffic lights then restarted no problem, there was no error codes from the computer and still hasn't been, then it started missing more then stalling so progressively got worse. It was then i took it to the dealer and left it with them. I had contacted the dealer before when the problem started and they said there diagnostic computer wasn't working so could i wait. the dealer had it for a week then said it was ok after they had road tested it, they didn't replace anything. so I then drove it for approx 2 hrs and it was fine, After i had been away from the car for approx 1 hr i started the car and it was running rough and vibrating, I then took it to the dealer again and they changed the fuel filter and upgraded the software and again it seemed to be ok for about 20 minutes then the vibration started again and I felt it through the steering wheel and under my feet. I then took it back to the dealer which is now over 2 weeks ago and there are struggling to find what is wrong, last Friday they called me and said the positive battery terminal was loose and they now said they would run it over the weekend to see if that had rectified it, Monday they called me and said it was a crank shaft sensor failure and they have ordered one and it would be replaced, they then called me late yesterday after my first post here and they are telling me they think it is one of the injectors and they are going to get them tested. it has all been very intermittent. Nothing has shown on the onboard computer or on the diagnostic computer, they had also contacted UK manufacturing but there unable to help as nothing on the computer. So any suggestions would be gratefully received. This is my second RRS and I love them so I just want a fix if at all possible.
thanks
Bruce

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is one of the problems it is not showing on the OBD or the diagnostic even when they took the diagnostic computer with them on a test run

1 - 5 of 5 Posts