RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I currently have a 2008 Range Rover sport which blew a radiator hose During a 200 mile journey. Replaced the hose, the tank still burping water. Replaced thermostat's, radiator, expansion tank and cap, together with checking the water pump and impeller, but still burping water when I go over 2500 rpm. I have tested the water in the radiator and it is clear for exhaust gases and the oil is still clear so I don't think it's a head gasket issue. The issue that is odd is that I have subsequently driven 800 miles but keeping the rpm below 2400 and the expansion Does not blow. I've now had three mechanics look at it and they all seem a bit stumped.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Re: RRS 2008 BURPING COOLANT FROM EXPANSION TANK over 2500 r

You have air in the system from not following the proper bleed procedure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for the idea but the proper procedure was followed. Anything other ideas

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts

Dozens of folks have claimed the same yet always manage to clear the issue with a couple more rounds of bleeding. With two bleed screws it is a pain in the back side to purge all the air. If you close the air bleeder too soon or close the tank bleeder first there will always be air trapped. As you have replaced the tank with cap, ruled out a head gasket leak, then your only viable option is trapped air not allowing the cooling system to reach full pressure and thus over heating under load.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ok I will try again, will let you know in a few days

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hi took it to the garage today and they have vacuum filled it, so as to avoid air pockets. Still blew the expansion cap..... any more ideas

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts

Well good luck. If you are not going to follow proper procedures and are intent that you have no air then you need to start looking at a faulty part during your cooling system overhaul.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I think I need to try and identify what coursed the original hose to blow off in the first place, as this is clearly the same problem that is effecting the expansion cap. Thanks for your help thought so far

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Well, it is as the head here......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts