RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Unfortunately, ECR doesn't do RRCs any more. D90/110 only. /:(

If I ever win the lottery, I do plan to restore a RRC to showroom!

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Triumph - phone them up and ask them. You are a potential customer after all.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wouldn't call that a restoration. More like upgrading. Pikes Peak Rovers in the Denver area did a frame off on a '95 LWB and said the owner had over $100,000 in it. The owner of the shop sent me pictures of the process. Needless to say, I was jealous as hell.

Colin

·
Registered
7 Posts
I remember gawking at the ECR page when I first got my Series and saying, "One day..." Getting them on the phone can be tough, even by their own admission. When I have spoken to someone in the shop, they have always been very courteous. A friend of mine contacted them about doing his late IIA a couple of years ago, and was told that it would be at least 2 years before they could get to his truck, and this was right before they stopped doing Series completely. I love the work they do, and especially love the retro RRC conversion. Whenever I get my Rangie, :pray: I want to get a little of that vibe.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
I want one of those ECR rear bumpers for my '92 RRC. The design looks very functional and would nicely complement the early, 2-door style bumper I have on the front. I see that there's no price of it on the website and I cringe to think how expensive it must be. Out of my price range, I am confident.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On further inspection, they did have an instruction page for DIY installation of the RR bumper, so at one time you could order direct.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
ECR is close to my home. The rear bumpers were designed by ECR and originally made at their facility, then made for them by a small steel fabricator in my area. At one time I contacted them to see if I could use their plans and have a bumper made for myself by that same steel fabricator. They were very friendly and had no problem with it, but the cost for a one-off from the steel fabricator, who now holds the plans and jigs was too rich for my blood. ($800 plus, as I remember)
The Classic project was done in ECR's early years. They've gradually morphed into a full time Defender shop with world class service and a backlog of work that's mind boggling. They serve a very unique clientel. I dare say most of us don't have the bank roll to play in their league (six figure mods and overhauls). Great guys, but serving a market that is sadly way out of my range. Range Rovers are just too much work to be bothered with for them at this time.
Maybe some day...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rt,
Love that pic of your truck in the snow...I am partial to the cleaner look on Classics. Eastnor Green really accentuates the lines.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Thanks Ematt. She's been a wonderful vehicle. I love the Eastnor too. Solid colors seem to work better on these vehicles (in my opinion). I too wish I could find someone to do a frame over restoration. I can handle all the mechanicals, but the sheet metal work she needs is a little beyond my shop's set up. Perfect scenario would be to have a little larger shop, proper welder and sheet metal tooling, and a couple months off to get it done. The time off and extra tools kinda work against each other... /:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts