RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone successfully use a 2 post ramp to work on their RRC? I appreciate the jack points are diffs and axle beams not cills - do 2 post lifts work ok without having jack points on the cill sections?

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, use the frame rails. Had my on one while replacing all the suspension bits.... bushings, springs, tierod ends, etc, didn't have any issues. Might take a few tries to find the balance. Take your time!

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
If EAS is still intact, you should stick with 4 post only. Otherwise, I see no reason not to use a two post. Without EAS, there are no airbag sleeves to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers. Never gave the chassis rail a thought. The WSM only refers to axle which is round so worried me a bit.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
the lower sills is a good place, use rubber pads or wood. other wise your lift need the pad raisers/ adaptors so the legs can clear the lower control arms. another lift point is the chassis mount where the radius arms mount to the chassis.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use my 2 post lifting on the frame rails. it was a bit spooky for me, so I pull up my Bobcat and lift the bucket till its cradling the rear, extra security. i did have to fool around with various combination of the adaptors to get it to sit flat in the air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts