RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... i got an engine warning light and fault code 48 - which I believe now is emissions, stepper motor, O2 sensors. Ive disconnected the brown reset switch under the passenger seat - but how do I rest the warning light on the dash

·
Registered
803 Posts
To reset the code you unplug the ecu under the passenger seat..it is a long plug... turn on the switch ... you will hear a click.... turn off ignition and then replug the ecu.... then start Rover
You should get a code 2 turn off wait a short bit then restart ... that will clear the codes... if there are other codes they will show up ...repair those and then do the same to clear...
I don’t know about the brown switch ...
What year is your rover

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To reset the code you unplug the ecu under the passenger seat..it is a long plug... turn on the switch ... you will hear a click.... turn off ignition and then replug the ecu.... then start Rover
You should get a code 2 turn off wait a short bit then restart ... that will clear the codes... if there are other codes they will show up ...repair those and then do the same to clear...
I don’t know about the brown switch ...
What year is your rover
Hi, it's a 1992 RRC 3.9 V8. It was all going well, was starting to run a bit rich and a tad extra smokey/misty in the AM but that all disappeared when the engine was hot. I've heard the smoke and mist are quite common so I'm not worried about it for now... I think with it running a little rich it's caused this stepper motor fault code? When I removed it it as black black!! So i cleaned it with part cleaner etc and now I just want to reset the engine light. I'll try your method.. when you say 'switch' do you mean - turn the ignition?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yes turn on ignition but not start...
Also running rich can be the o2 sensor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts