RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through Ebay in the UK for some parts for my recently acquired 95 classic, as I'll be heading home to Scotland for a few weeks in July and could pick up some items when over. I came across this RRC with what I believe is a custom front. Has anoyone seen this before, or done something similar? I'm sure it's a custom grill and bumper, but I think it looks great and wouldn't mind the same look for mine.

This RR wasn't for sale on Ebay, it was just the personalized plate being auctioned.

[attachment=0:2n546tyy]Classic.jpg[/attachment:2n546tyy]

Cheers
JDM

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
have seen a number of replacement grills on various classics with another set of lights built in. I remember seeing them for sale in land rover owners international magazine once by one of the many companies with multipage spreads in the uk.

not my cup of tea personally.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My wife and I nearly bought a '93 LWB County with a grille like that in Portland about ten years ago. It was at the local Ferarri dealer, and we just couldn't agree on a price for it.

Scott

·
Registered
318 Posts
the bumper is part of the brooklands body kit that was developed by tom walkinshaw racing for land rover and was launched as a special edition here in the uk as a brookland model with front and rear bumpers and side skirts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I very nearly bought that LSE when it was for sale but my wife vetoed it as we already have one the same age, amazed that he couldn't get £1500 for it whole, and is now breaking it. The grill I think was made by Bearmach, and I remember seeing one before, eventually I remembered where it was:- http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Classic-LSE/Do ... uinox.html.

Don't think they are made any more though, you'd have to find a Bearmach distributor.

Alastair.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Another thought - as the owner (think his name is Roger) is breaking it he'd probably sell you the grill and body kit if they're still there . . .
A

·
Registered
59 Posts
That rangie was for sale several times on ebay. Didn't sound too bad but as he admitted needed a new rear crossmember and probably other bits around there too. Sadly 1500 was too optimistic it that state.
As has been said the grill is part of the Brooklands kit - at least I have said kit on mine and have the same grill and extra headlights.
If you want the whole kit - front grill and valance, sideskirts and rear valance make sure there is some metal left on the mounting points. I shall have to attend to my sideskirts soon or they will simply fall off!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think i've seen something similar at Rimmer brothers. I think they had two versions of this bumper there. The brooklands body kit does lood really good! but I'd be scared to take it offroad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input folks. I would like to keep my RRC more or less original, but this look really does appeal to me....too bad most examples and parts are in the UK and I'm in the US. Probably be a fortune to ship. I'll be home to Scotland in July, if only I could squeeze them into my suitcase `)

I'll just need to keep my eyes open over here. If anyone in the US or the UK have any of these kits for sale, please PM or e-mail me with the details.

Cheers
JDM

·
Registered
170 Posts
I enquired about that grill but he had listed it as a buy it now for someone else. It is an aftermarket accessory and didnt make up part of the brooklands kit. There appear to be two types of front bumper. The one shown already and this one:

which has a slightly different design around the driving lights & lower section. (this ones mine)
Some aftermarket companies also offered these: (as far as I know TWR made these and there are two spoiler designs)

and this:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts