RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm desperate for a set of chrome bumpers for my 1990 Plymouth Blue Vogue.

The original chrome bumpers appear to be NLA, has anyone had any experience chroming the original black bumpers?

Just an idea that wa suggested to me so i would love some first hand experience from fellow Classic drivers.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
I have had items chromed for decades. THe process is pretty much the same for all bumpers since WWII. THe are straightened, acid dipped then chromed using whichever process you are paying for. After a short cure or between platings they go through a polishing process... again depending on what level of quality you are paying for..

·
Registered
68 Posts
I see you are in NZ too , If in lower NI Wanganui Platers are the best they do a lot of the hot rod guys work as , not all chromers are equal i had a a Mk 2 jag done elsewhere once it turned out bad the copper was showing through in places & they wouldnt redo them .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Howdy csk,this an old thread but I have a Land Rover original new front chrome bumper.
Imported it from Melbourne ULR Land Rover years ago:)
It’s the soft dash model with the mounts for the crush cans but yours if you’re still looking ,cheers westy pm if poss,as may have some other useful bits

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
Cassidy
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing