RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

The central locking system on my RRC is playing up. When I turn the key in the drivers side door to lock the central locking will activate and then deactivate straight away i.e - flick on and then immediately off again. Ive taken the door apart and replaced the actuator with a used part thinking that may have been the issue however the problem persists. The central locking system when operated from the drivers side works absolutely fine which leads me to believe the problem is localised to drivers side. Ive taken a look at the central control unit today on the steering column bracket and gave the terminals a clean etc but still having issues.

Ive tracked and checked the wiring within the drivers doors as best i can and cant see any evidence of wiring corrosion. Could it be a problem with the central control unit which looks to be non branded aftermarket? Warmly welcoming any other suggestions for fault finding / repair. Thanks in advance

Ethan

·
Registered
105 Posts
My guess would be that this is a linkage problem. If I'm reading this right, when you operate the CL using the driver's door button everything works? It's just from the key that it's faulty? If that's the case you've proven all the electrics. What happens when you try it from the passenger door? The solenoid and linkage setup is very touchy about being set up rtight on these. You don't say what year this is (worth putting in your signature for info) but it will be older due to the CL control box location, it's worth experimenting with the position of the CL solenoid, it should be adjustable on the plate that secures the solenoid to the door. The solenoids can bounce causing the linkage to lock again on the rebound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply on this. Duly noted, ill update my signature. (1990 fyi though). When I try from the passenger door its fine to confirm. What your describing does sound like a very probably cause. I've tweaked the position of the plate and linkage and touch wood everything seems to be now working ok. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts