RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
143 Posts
If you are in the UK then eBay is full of them. Not sure what you mean by good. If you need a part and they can ship it all should be ok. I think the days of visiting breakers and stripping bits yourself have sadly long gone.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Rimmer Bros sell a Britpart kit for less than 200£ that may fit financial constraints.

Above Link to a diy route that could be of interest.

Unfortunately components like this can appear expensive, but many modern stuff is outstripping this by some way.

On a "reliable German" car we run too, recently one wiper stopped on driver's side, seperate motors, communication via canbus, wouldnt talk to each other = not able to mot. Parts no longer available, superseded parts require new fit for both wipers plus additional loom adapter to make them work with existing canbus system! £500 ish for parts only to get going again. We searched and got a motor from breakers to match year that took 4 weeks to come up for sale.

Makes the RR look simple.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rimmer Bros sell a Britpart kit for less than 200£ that may fit financial constraints.

Above Link to a diy route that could be of interest.

Unfortunately components like this can appear expensive, but many modern stuff is outstripping this by some way.

On a "reliable German" car we run too, recently one wiper stopped on driver's side, seperate motors, communication via canbus, wouldnt talk to each other = not able to mot. Parts no longer available, superseded parts require new fit for both wipers plus additional loom adapter to make them work with existing canbus system! £500 ish for parts only to get going again. We searched and got a motor from breakers to match year that took 4 weeks to come up for sale.

Makes the RR look simple.
Absolutely right but I still like to watch the pennies. I'm still working on Series prices which rarely go above £50 for a part lol

·
Registered
970 Posts
Being thrifty is a good thing
That’s why I took the time to search out rovers a junk yards and take as many parts as I could

·
Registered
427 Posts
OK, bit of lateral thinking. If other kits are using a substitute to give current supply, this link gives a throttle pot that has potential to be modified to fit.

[/URL]

You'd have to take a gamble on buying, can't see scale but it looks like similar layout, plus three pin connection. Maybe worth checking see if it'll work the range needed. Spindle is female locate, would need something to connect mechanical link, perhaps prototype one with glue stick possibly to make interface with existing slot drive of Rover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts