RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I own a 1993 RRC Vogue, 3,9litres; however cannot drive it since a few months since the air suspension does not work.
I’ve been searching for a used spare part, but so far without success. (New one is about 3.000 USD)

Two questions:
- any idea where I could get a working 2nd hand spare part (part nr ANR3757)

- to me (and I’m not an expert or mechanic) the suspension block of the successor model P38 looks same. Can I use that part?

Any ideas welcome!

Best wishes and stay healthy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

The valve block is similar to P38 and some parts off it can be used as spares, but it isn't a straight swap. You can buy seal kits for the block, worth doing if you haven't tried that. What makes you think the problem is with the valve?

Regards

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

The valve block is similar to P38 and some parts off it can be used as spares, but it isn't a straight swap. You can buy seal kits for the block, worth doing if you haven't tried that. What makes you think the problem is with the valve?

Regards

Rob
Thank you!

The technician here in Istanbul told me it’s due to the valve block, and since 6 months I’ve been trying to find this part. The air suspension compressor got changed last year.

Do you believe there could be another reason why the suspension does not work? It does not lift the car at all.

Best, Oz

·
Registered
13 Posts
It could be the valve block. Do you know if it has had new seals?
Does the pump run as it should when you turn the engine on? It could be a few things in the valve, but it will require a bit of testing. Does the valve 'click' when it tries to lift the car? If the garage thinks it's the valve block, you could look for a secondhand one. Or you could get a P38 and swap the parts over. Do you have anyway to read the fault codes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you!

The technician here in Istanbul told me it’s due to the valve block, and since 6 months I’ve been trying to find this part. The air suspension compressor got changed last year.

Do you believe there could be another reason why the suspension does not work? It does not lift the car at all.

Best, Oz
It could be the valve block. Do you know if it has had new seals?
Does the pump run as it should when you turn the engine on? It could be a few things in the valve, but it will require a bit of testing. Does the valve 'click' when it tries to lift the car? If the garage thinks it's the valve block, you could look for a secondhand one. Or you could get a P38 and swap the parts over. Do you have anyway to read the fault codes?

Good morning,
Fault codes are not reliable, however we’ll connect it to the system today and I can share the details.

The compressor got changed last year and it would lift the car; however it wouldn’t stop. While driving one can hear the pump continuosly kept on pumping air into the valve block. I could hear it working while driving.

I’m really confused, since not sure what to do.

Best, Oz

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's difficult to diagnose. I had similar with mine when I bought it. I changed the diaphragm valve in the valve block, I have also since had to unblock the 4mm small tube that goes from the valve block to a tee piece in the inlet to the pump. It's a matter of trialling things one by one I'm afraid. I removed mine from the car and tried things on a bench. I made a switch box that acts like the ecu so I could power up the solenoids and test them. I recommend buying a seal kit with the diaphragm valve and resealing the lot. You can buy a P38 kit, but they come with an extra metal ring that isn't required on the classic. I fitted it not realising and this was one of the issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's difficult to diagnose. I had similar with mine when I bought it. I changed the diaphragm valve in the valve block, I have also since had to unblock the 4mm small tube that goes from the valve block to a tee piece in the inlet to the pump. It's a matter of trialling things one by one I'm afraid. I removed mine from the car and tried things on a bench. I made a switch box that acts like the ecu so I could power up the solenoids and test them. I recommend buying a seal kit with the diaphragm valve and resealing the lot. You can buy a P38 kit, but they come with an extra metal ring that isn't required on the classic. I fitted it not realising and this was one of the issues.
Thank you. We’ll try a few things these days.
Reverting

Much appreciate your input!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts