RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone steer me to, or away, from any RRC-specific aftermarket rubber mats?

It seems like genuine mats are thin on the ground, especially for a LWB, if you can even find them. I don't want to waste my time if nothing really fits. For the rear I may just cut them from rubber truck bed liners, but these would not have a raised edge...

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,480 Posts
...especially for a LWB, if you can even find them...
I knew I should have grabbed those mats from my LWB before I sold it. I'm starting to think I should pull my Genuine mats from my SWB for posterity and get some cheap after market for normal use...

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
95 Posts
Hi Tom,

I got a complete set - front, back and cargo liner - from CARiD (http://www.carid.com/lloyd-mats/lloyd-floor-mats-15326779.html) and the brand I bought was Lloyd NorthRidge Custom-Fit. And they fit beautiful!!! I've received a number of compliments about how nice they look and how well they great they work (like holding mud spilled food/drinks.

The total price was US$230 for everything, which is on-par with other mats I was researching. I have had them in the truck since last October and since this truck is my daily driver, the driver's side gets a lot of wear, but still looks good and is easy to take out and clean. The front set have "restraints" that attach to the seat bases, where there are vent slots located, that help hold them from moving around too much. The back seat set are one piece and don't move a millimeter!

I don't think you would regret buying these - I haven't!

Bob

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob,

Thank you! That is exactly the info I was looking for. I have put them on my list...

Tom

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gave-up looking for reasonably-priced LWB mats and ordered the CarID mats Bob suggested. They arrived and the rear mat fits like a glove - absolutely perfect! The front mats not so much. On the passenger side there is a 1-inch gap right along the carpet/sill interface, that looks like it was just cut wrong. They also have a webbing strap w/buckle riveted through the rubber! This is a retention system that I feel guarantee's a future rip and leak point. CarID was responsive in dealing with the bad cut line, and tried to find a solution. In the end they refunded the front mats. I took the refund and ordered a full set of genuine RRC SWB mats - I'll just have to trade/sell the rear SWB mat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts