RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Can anybody confirm the speaker dimensions for the front door of the 93' 4 door Classic? It seems there were several variations. I've removed the speakers to take the measurements but to be honest, I still don't know what size they are. Anyways, the upper speaker grille is 10 cm, the overall width where screws are located is 13 cm, and 5 cm in depth.
I removed the lower speaker screws to discover that only the grille removes. I know I could have removed the door card but I was had a limited time frame to work in, unfortunately. Dimensions were 11 cm actual speaker cone width and 15.5 cm including speaker cover.
These dimensions are approximate.
I have searched many times but have found multiple variations in dimensions.
Thanks in advance for your help. phoca_thumb_l_1989 range rover classic door panel.jpg

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually, as I look at that picture, can anybody tell me is there such a thing as a convex heated wing mirror for this model? Visibility from my passenger mirror is terrible!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
The door speaker size are 4 inches. I just replaced mine with PIONEER TSG1044R -4" 2-way 200W G-Series Coaxial speakers). By the look of your picture I would say either you have an interior door cards from a 1990 or your rover is not a '93. The reason for two speakers in the front is due to that year rover did not have a sub box in the back.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The door speaker size are 4 inches. I just replaced mine with PIONEER TSG1044R -4" 2-way 200W G-Series Coaxial speakers). By the look of your picture I would say either you have an interior door cards from a 1990 or your rover is not a '93. The reason for two speakers in the front is due to that year rover did not have a sub box in the back.
Hmmm, very interesting. As it happens, that's just a generic pic from google, but I have the same door card. Maybe someone replaced it in the past as the body is definitely 93'. Subwoofer in the boot. Just to confirm, 4 inch on the bottom also? Some people have mentioned 5.25 inches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts