RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i have a RRC 88 with stromberg CD175 double carbs, there is a hose connection from the radiator to the inlet manifold block, what is that for? and on the inlet manifold block side the hose is closed because of rust, shall i remove the rust to let the water go inside the manifold?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
222 Posts
That is for water to exit the tower of the manifold and return t the radiator, and they often clog up.

Cleaning them often involves a bit of brute force because they clog up solid. What you can try is a small drill bit to try and clear it, but normally, you will end up with a small screwdriver and a hammer to dig/chisel/beat the crud out. Just be careful not to break the hose fitting off.

Good luck!8~

·
Registered
521 Posts
It's a vent to prevent the highest point of the manifold causing an airlock in the system, should be kept open so that the whole water route doesn't get compromised.

If it's got rust in it then has it been running without antifreeze? These systems must have antifreeze / corrosion inhibitor running all the time else they won't be maintained correctly and will always give problems of blocking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the reply, i have purchases 2 years back, and i don't know what the last user if he was using antifreeze or not. what are the side effects of this being clogged? will it harm the engine?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the support. This is sorted now and the vent is open. Coolant started exiting the vent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts