RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Drove my RRC into work as usual this am. Everything was working great. I even thought to myself that the v8 was sounding particularly sweet.

Went to drive home this afternoon and get the usual lights on the dash, the audible warning, relay clicks and then... nothing. Engine doesn’t seem to get any power. Almost as if the ignition has been disconnected from the starter.

Any ideas what the cause might be?

I thought it might be because it was in gear but no. The shifter is definitely in park. I also tried starting with the shifter in neutral and drive. Reverse lights switch on too when R is selected.

There’s a loose connection to the drivers door actuator. Could that immobilize the engine?

Any ideas greatly received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm not 100% on the '92s. My '88s have them in the engine bay but according to the 87-91 WSM they moved it to the relay cluster under the steering wheel in 1990. It's a generic relay so if you don't have an extra you can swap or I've had luck just removing, hitting it & replacing.

Also, when in 'park' bump the shifter forward just to be extra sure. This also happened to me when I picked my current one up in Florida and I had 1300 miles to get home. Not a good feeling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha yep. The Pacific North West Portland. Turns out it was a loose connection on the starter. So all sorted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts