RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys First I just want to say thank you. I found a lot of answers thanks to this forum !Here is my problem.I can't start on petrol or if it start it stall just after. And it doesn't smell fuel when I try to start.I can start on LPG and drive without problem.So I was thinking that the problem is fuel starvation.I read on this forum about the inertia switch but I can't find it. I try to find fuel relays but there are nothing under both seats ! (Passengers seat - CD charger and drivers seat "management system" box which is not plug.I looked at the fuel filter (quick clean the area to take off a lot of red dirt) and I saw another filter. It is twice as small and in plastic.My questions are :Do you think the problem are fuel filters ?Do you have any idea ?Thanks for your time.Hope you understand my English

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,070 Posts
Re: RRC 1987 Engine don't start on petrol but run fine on LPG

Is the fuel pump working? You should be able to hear it buzzing faintly when you turn on the ignition. Best way is to get under the fuel tank somewhere quiet and get someone else to turn on the ignition.

If its not working, it is probably dead or there might be a relay problem.

If you hear it working, you can pull a line off the rail and see if it squirts petrol, if it doesn't then the filters might be blocked but usually with a blocked filter it will start and idle, but when you put your foot down there is a hesitation as the fuel flow is too low.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for answer.I will check the fuel pump soon as my partner come back.I change the fuel filter and it was really full of dust like "black sand".Like you say, I will pull a line off the rail and see where the fuel stop to flow.For the relays I have nothing under both seats. But under the bonnet I have 7 small relay and 1 big relay instead of 5 like it shows in the book. And I don't know which one its for what.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Good news !So the fuel pump was working and when I pull a line off it squirts petrol.I turned the ignition on and wait 5 minutes and it starts !I had to wait the air come out of the line before try to start !Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts