RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a 2018 Vogue, its the first Range Rover I've owned.
I have a question that the local dealer for some reason finds hard to answer.
When I park the truck in normal ride height it will self lower to access height within 36 hours - is that normal?
The Range Rover has only done 7000kms so hasn't seen much use yet.
Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is usually a sign of faulty air suspension. But at 7,000 kms, that's a bit early!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
The truck had sat in storage for a while before I picked it up - it could be a dried seal or something.
I'll take it to the dealer to sort.
Thanks again for your thoughts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I highly doubt it is a failed air suspension, if it failed you'd more likely see it sitting on bump stops or some other symptom. Are you parking on a level surface or is there a pitch? Every so many hours the computer will wake up to self level the car (only by deflating a corner, side or end of the car to achieve what it believes is level. Over the course of days on uneven surface the car can self level itself to access height. Even a slight garage/driveway pitch will cause this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for that.
I have a very steep driveway and have noticed that the truck does sit slightly lower on one front corner when I park in normal ride height.
I left the truck parked in access mode over night and so far it hasn't shifted at all - so hopefully its as you say and the suspension doesn't have a leak.
I'm probably over cautious as I heard a lot about the Range Rover suspension issues.
Other than this, I love the truck and I'm enjoying putting the miles on.
Cheers

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
60 Posts
T Col – mine does this too.

My previous LR4 never lowered itself much – even when you left it for weeks. So when my new-to-me Range Rover was noticeably raising up when cranking after sitting for only 24-48 hours, I was on high alert that the suspension was faulty. I had the system tested and everything checked out fine.

Seems like plenty of others on the forum experience the same, so I think it's safe to call it normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers - the suspension is definitely something I want sorted before the truck comes out of warranty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts