RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there can anyone help out there or have had similar issues.
Just bought a rr td6 auto had it 2 weeks and now reverse gear started to play up put it in reverse and nothing happened then drive down the road and try it again was working happened on 2 or 3 occas ,so have been looking at many forums for any help they called many companys about this they said have to take box off to see what the problem is.anyway in end took it a & m gearboxs in chelmsford to do the job so the dropped the box and told me after the 2 day repair was the reverse piston so after using it 2 days after the job was complete ie wednesday . The same thing again .i am fumming as have just paid them alot of money and the problem is not resolved . So need to take it back monday ,
looks like to me was nothing to do with the box in the first place and did not need a rebuild sounds like to me a electrical issue but not sure what it could be.
Anyone with any help would be most appreciated .
Would love to get to the bottom of it .

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,294 Posts
Hi Ranger23 and welcome to the forum `8)

Although it’s obvious (as it’s such a common reason for loss of reverse in the 5L40-E) do you think they checked if the reverse lockout valve in the rear control valve body was stuck in the ‘applied’ position?

The valve’s purpose is to prevent the engagement of the reverse and low/reverse clutches in the event of the driver inadvertently selecting ‘R’ while the vehicle is moving forward but, if it sticks, it also prevents reverse gear engaging when you want it to.

Phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts