RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I'm new to the forum. Just bought a new to me 2007 RR HSE. I am in love with this car. By far the nicest thing I own. This site has been a great resource through the whole process. I've already got many helpful tips that have saved me lots of money and trips to the dealer.

I tried searching but couldn' find anything. I want to replace the factory sub with an aftermarket amp/sub. Thinkin a single jl 10w7. Noticed there is a 4 gauge power wire running into the fuse box in the back right panel of the trunk. It appears to operate most of the audio and nav electronics along with some other power features. My question is would it be safe to run the amp off this line? Of course I would split and fuse it properly. It would be about a 300-400 watt amp and I would be disconnecting the existing subwoofer amp. If I could avoid running another fat power wire that would be great but I don't want to do anything that could seriously interfere with my electrical system. Some minor light dimming wouldnt bother me. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been waiting for one of many knowledgeable rangie owners out there to lend some expertise on this thread because i am wondering the same thing. I'm thinking the only way to "safely" tap into that power supply in the right rear is with a capacitor. Anyone had any experience?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. That's what i was thinking too. I purchased an 8 farad cap to run inline with the amplifier. I havent done a car stereo in a few years and can't believe how cheap capacitors have gotten. i got a jl 500/1v2 amp and a 10w7 and I also picked up this little beauty on ebay...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts