RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea how much longer the current (second) generation Range Rover Sport will continue? When is a major re-design expected?

I'm considering purchasing a CPO 2015 RRS, but if a new generation is going to be released in the relative near future, that would likely impact my decision.

·
Banned
305 Posts
generally they go about 8 years per gen. new full size will get redesign first- probably in about 3 years (has been out since 2013 MY). sport-in about 4 years. probably see mules in a couple of years.

get one now.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
There are no hints or rumours nor should there be this soon. This design has only been out 4 years, just received a face lift and is still filling orders as fast as dealers get their allotments. The 494 easily has another three years... possibly four.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
209 Posts
There are no hints or rumours nor should there be this soon. This design has only been out 4 years, just received a face lift and is still filling orders as fast as dealers get their allotments. The 494 easily has another three years... possibly four.
perfect said.
Assuming following timelime, LR renewed RR/RRS now, next is new Evoque and DS facelift, then new defender, facelift D5, facelift Velar and after new launch of RR/RRS. That’s easy 4 years to the new model... ;-)

·
Registered
86 Posts
3 or 4 years sounds right. I bought the 2010 facelifted version of the first generation and the L494 was in North America I believe in 2014 (although revealed in 2013?). so 4 model years later.

I think this 2018 update cost them a lot of money and I can't see them spending that just to stimulate sales for 1 or 2 years. Other brands do that but LR doesn't seem to.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
perfect said.
Assuming following timelime, LR renewed RR/RRS now, next is new Evoque and DS facelift, then new defender, facelift D5, facelift Velar and after new launch of RR/RRS. That’s easy 4 years to the new model... ;-)
This, plus possible new models might take up 6 months here, 12 months there & the focus is now on the electric/hybrid stuff anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts