RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
243 Posts
i went to a couple lists that show best Nurburgring times.

there wasn't a single SUV ahead of 8:14.

i found the time for the Porsche Cayenne Turbo to be 8:34.

not an insignificant difference... :cool:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
A Porsche Macan Turbo recently did it in 8:15 according to some reports I read on the internet. That sounded impressive - until yesterday. Don't know if a current production version of the Cay Turbo has run the ring on a timed lap yet (the above result is from 2008 I think, when a more powerful version of the Cayenne, a Turbo S, was also available but didn't lap it for unknown reasons...) Bottom line is, the RRS SVR is clearly a monster SUV that will have no problems keeping up with the most potent production SUVs the German and Japanese have to offer. And the fact it will still offer real off-roading capabilities is quite a feat.

·
Registered
731 Posts
These records are all PR stunts. Just as bad as the Pikes Peak climb. Yes, it's fast.
But it feels like JLR is trying too hard if they keep posting records that they're the only one pursuing.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
531 Posts
What? You can compare it with other cars and there are records for whole bunch of 'em.
These records are all PR stunts. Just as bad as the Pikes Peak climb. Yes, it's fast.
But it feels like JLR is trying too hard if they keep posting records that they're the only one pursuing.

-ThinkMac-

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,966 Posts
Sorry if this burst my bubble as well as everybody else. But in order for it to be a 'ring record, it has to be a production vehicle, like something you will drive home to the street. From the pics/ videos JLR didn't put a caveat that they put a ringer of the RRS with less seats, roll bar etc. So, it will not be posted as a 'ring record. They will only post stock Oem car as ring record. I was disappointed as soon as I heard them say removed some weight, roll bars etc.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
381 Posts
JLR copying Nissan now lol.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,966 Posts

·
Banned
243 Posts
what the h*ll is a GLA?!? to even call that an "SUV" is a joke. it's a raised station wagon. a Subaru Outback with none of the off-road capability.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,966 Posts
what the h*ll is a GLA?!? to even call that an "SUV" is a joke. it's a raised station wagon. a Subaru Outback with none of the off-road capability.
having a RRS and a GLK 4MATIC, I'm sure it is as capable off road as well.

·
Registered
381 Posts
SVR looks amazing.

Man features for me are the sports seats and the electronically controlled exhuast system.

I hope we can retrofit the exhaust at least......the rest can be sorted with a tune.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
It's a Mercedes. They considered the R-Class an SUV. I was in one of those hearses once. Really comfortable. With having no public transportation/taxis in Phoenix/Scottsdale that is the type of car the car service had. Really nice but it is a station wagon.

An SUV to me is a truck. The SUV to a lot of others is utility. Blurred lines between the "truck" and "station wagon" models in this country.

·
Registered
717 Posts
An SUV to me is a truck. The SUV to a lot of others is utility. Blurred lines between the "truck" and "station wagon" models in this country.
I might agree with the Sausage King on this. The terms SUV and Truck get thrown around quite liberally. Perception is one thing, but engineering will tell the truth. If you want to get VERY precise, you need to understand what chassis is used on the vehicle in order to tell if its a 'car' or 'truck'.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,966 Posts
I might agree with the Sausage King on this. The terms SUV and Truck get thrown around quite liberally. Perception is one thing, but engineering will tell the truth. If you want to get VERY precise, you need to understand what chassis is used on the vehicle in order to tell if its a 'car' or 'truck'.
So, without going OT that the current RRS is a crossover while the previous RRS is a truck since it came from the LR4 frame?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 43 Posts