Range Rovers Forum banner

RR Sport HST v6 resonator delete

12K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  BlackMamba2.0 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I have seen a lot of exhaust solutions on the forum for v8 models, but haven't seen any for the v6. I decided to experiment with a cheap solution. I noticed the F Pace S doesn't have a resonator and it sounds really good. The RR sport exhaust looks very similar, but has a resonator. I went to a local muffler shop and had them remove the resonator only and replace it with two stainless steel pipes welded in. It sounds great, just a little bit louder than stock with no drone and some nice crackles and pops. The shop only charged me $150. Here is a picture of what I am talking about from a stock photo I found online and also a video of my car.

https://youtu.be/clW5mNZBCsc

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for posting! Yes, it really does sound good!

#5 ·
Had this done on my Rover this morning. Big difference! Love the sound of the exhaust now. I highly recommend this inexpensive mod for any owners with a V6. Thanks for the post and videos drdonger!

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#15 ·
You won;t get much change messing around with the rears. Other folks have tried and it was pretty much a waste of time. stick with mucking about with the resonator it's the only way you are going to get any results.

#18 ·
Had this done and wanted to post my thoughts so others that search can decide. It sounds great at startup and up to about half throttle. Sounds close to the posted vid. Unfortunately it sounds terrible when you have to get on it. Super buzzy sounding - just not my thing. Seems a lot worse in person than how it sounded in the posted video. I'll try and get a video before I go back to stock.

Jim

#20 ·
Hey so this is an older post. But I had a question about the resonator. There are two of them right, the one you have circled and then the one just to left of the circle, towards front of car.

Did they talk to you about deleting that one as well. Or just the one you did?
Thanks

Hi everyone. I have seen a lot of exhaust solutions on the forum for v8 models, but haven't seen any for the v6. I decided to experiment with a cheap solution. I noticed the F Pace S doesn't have a resonator and it sounds really good. The RR sport exhaust looks very similar, but has a resonator. I went to a local muffler shop and had them remove the resonator only and replace it with two stainless steel pipes welded in. It sounds great, just a little bit louder than stock with no drone and some nice crackles and pops. The shop only charged me $150. Here is a picture of what I am talking about from a stock photo I found online and also a video of my car.

View attachment 238002

#22 ·
@TrevorRRS17

Here's the resonator (next to No.6) & centre silencer (closer to the rear of the vehicle):

Perfect thank you. Going to leave in the silencer and remove the resonator.

That seems to be the popular choice people have had success with.

IRL photo (resonator on the left, silencer on the right):