RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have seen a lot of exhaust solutions on the forum for v8 models, but haven't seen any for the v6. I decided to experiment with a cheap solution. I noticed the F Pace S doesn't have a resonator and it sounds really good. The RR sport exhaust looks very similar, but has a resonator. I went to a local muffler shop and had them remove the resonator only and replace it with two stainless steel pipes welded in. It sounds great, just a little bit louder than stock with no drone and some nice crackles and pops. The shop only charged me $150. Here is a picture of what I am talking about from a stock photo I found online and also a video of my car.

https://youtu.be/clW5mNZBCsc

IMG_4592.JPG

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Thanks for posting! Yes, it really does sound good!

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
50 Posts
Had this done on my Rover this morning. Big difference! Love the sound of the exhaust now. I highly recommend this inexpensive mod for any owners with a V6. Thanks for the post and videos drdonger!

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
50 Posts
I live in Northern, VA. Where did you get this done at? Also would this void the warranty on the vehicle?
Hi Flo Custom Exhaust in Manassas, VA. They were great...in and out in 45 minutes. Not sure about the warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome looking forward to it.
well, i took it to the shop yesterday and was advised that it may cause drone. so i'm not sure whether to cut out that resonator, or just replace the rear mufflers with one that is less restrictive for a bit more noise. kind of a toss up now on which do to.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
You won;t get much change messing around with the rears. Other folks have tried and it was pretty much a waste of time. stick with mucking about with the resonator it's the only way you are going to get any results.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This has to be the best bag-for-buck mod on the V6 RRS. Huge thanks for posting. Was wondering what I could do to get a better sound. Now I know!

Jimbo

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had this done and wanted to post my thoughts so others that search can decide. It sounds great at startup and up to about half throttle. Sounds close to the posted vid. Unfortunately it sounds terrible when you have to get on it. Super buzzy sounding - just not my thing. Seems a lot worse in person than how it sounded in the posted video. I'll try and get a video before I go back to stock.

Jim

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
360 Posts
Jim, maybe instead of the resonator, get the centre silencer removed and see if you like that sound better?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts