RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if you could do a headlight upgrade to the 2010 headlamps on a 06' RR Sport? Maybe grill and sidevents too?

would be cool. let me know.

::smart

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Don't believe so, both headlight clusters and front grille look more "squished" than those the 06-09s, so besides the tecnnical issues involved in hooking up the new LED headlights, I think you would just not be able to fit the new parts on the front end of an older Sport.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it would work if you did the Headlights, Grill, and Bumper. I believe the hood is the same. How could we find out, any ideas?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I took a look at it and compared the new and the old at the dealership.
I think it is very possible to do the face lift, but you would need lots of parts.

2 headlights
2 fenders (the shape is different in the front where it meets the bumper and the area for the side grill)
2 side grills
1 front grill
1 front bumper & fogs etc...
not sure about the internal parts, maybe a new radiator support?

if you do the front face lift might as well do the rear too:
tail lights and rear bumper...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well im down to be the lab rat. I'll buy the parts. Anyone in the northeast wanna help me try and do this?

·
Registered
489 Posts
You can get the parts when theyre made available to the public but according to a tech they will trigger a faulty bulb code as the resistance is changed dramatically to what previous years had. Supposedly they are not selling parts from the 10's yet to the public according to my dealership but who knows.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i already know how to deal with the fault code. I'll call my dealer and find out about parts.

::

jbrac25 said:
You can get the parts when theyre made available to the public but according to a tech they will trigger a faulty bulb code as the resistance is changed dramatically to what previous years had. Supposedly they are not selling parts from the 10's yet to the public according to my dealership but who knows.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
people in the UK forum were saying the tail lights work fine they just make the blinker go twice as fast if you don't have a resistor. It wouldn't be that big of a deal for me if the blinker goes twice as fast.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think im just going to go with this grill and these headlamps, and black the grille out or do a 2 tone. Then maybe just smoke the taillights or try and pickup a set of new 2010 taillights and wire in a resistor.

what does anyone think?

These headlamps

This Grille (same as 2010 but fits 06-09)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I was looking at that grill too, think it would be a nice change. I couldn't find it anywhere in the U.S. though, do you know of anyone selling it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha no worries, it seemed it was more for the guy who replied above. Yes they do ship to the US. And i'm going to order the grille from them this week. However, i talked to overfinch and they'll do the headlamps for me, instead of buying new lamps, im just going to send them to overfinch and do flat black. Also im up in the air on wether i want LED's in that pattern (or at all for that matter). Im not sure if it'll look cheesy or not. Plus that looks like a similar pattern as the new audi headlamps and i wouldnt want to offend my RRS :think:

i'll post some photos when im all done!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Is it worth the money to reassemble the entire front end just so that you have the newer headlights?

Is that going to make your RRS that much better?

Seems like a waste of money that will not improve the car or its abilities one bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea, i mean i think most of us here are RR Hobbyists, i know i am. I'm always looking for more ways to waste more money on "upgrades".

Its just fun, thats all.

::

·
Registered
68 Posts
Funny...i guesss it's just a matter of taste. Last week, I just bought an 09 RRS HSE due to the fact that i like the 09 looks better. I test drove the 2010 and they are much better ride and has more power, beautiful interior. But i fell in love with the 09's a long time ago and i stuck with it. Could have bought the latest, but i went for the looks that i really wanted.

By the way, i had a great deal for my 09's. Got 11k discount on the MSRP plus it came with the LUX package and 20" stormer wheels. Now it's time to do some mods. Thinking of changing the front grills to the S/C version first. The side vents will be next.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts