Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a MY17 RR Sport and when I use the cruise control on a long trip it does not hold the speed when going downhill. I had it set at 110km and going downhill I looked at the speed and was doing 135km/hr. I have been told that this is normal with the RR and they don’t hold speed. Is this correct? I find this really strange as I previously had an X5 and a ML350 and they both held speed going downhill. TIA.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi mwats
I’m new to my MY17 and noticed the same thing.
Maybe a RRS trait?
My old Jeep GC tended to gear down as far as 5th gear (out the available 8) to hold speed.
Cheers. Andrew

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,577 Posts
These things coast pretty well. Mine picks us speed also while going downhill on cruise control. You should try it while towing a trailer.

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE, 2004 Porsche Carerra 4S
95 Posts
The BMW cruise control actually engages the brakes as required to maintain the set speed when traveling downhill. Based on my experience, having gone from BMW to RRS, this is not the case on our vehicles. While traveling downhill you must manage the speed manually - sort of ridiculous given that the car is clearly equipped with the requisite sensors software and systems to support automatic braking (HDC, DSC, Terrain Response, etc.).

I do not have the "active cruise control system on my vehicle so I cannot speak to that - I would assume that system provides viable cruise control functionality while coasting downhill.

·
Registered
2018 L405 HSE SCV6
56 Posts
Do any of you have the "active" CC? I ask because I have it on my '16 and its never gone more than 2-3mph above the set speed going down a hill... I'll have to pay more attention and maybe set it on a steeper hill just to see.

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE, 2004 Porsche Carerra 4S
95 Posts
I do not have the active system. You could also try testing the braking functionality by manually accelerating beyond the set speed and then taking your foot off the gas and see if you notice the car braking (it should coast for a second or so) to recover the set speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts