RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
236 Posts
It makes sense to me that they would want to promote their hybrid model as having enough power to do this. We all know the V8 and SVR have enough power.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
49 Posts
That's an awesome climb! But why don't they make better videos of close up shots and aerial views around those curvy roads. I would love the close up shot of the wheels climbing up the stairs. Even the Swiss Inferno downhill challenge last year was great but could've been a better video. Just saying...

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Why the hybrid instead of the V8 ATB or V8 dynamic or SVR?

LMAO.... There really is more to life than a V8. It's great to see LR finally recognizing that in the NAS market.

On a global scale, hybrids have been expanding into more markets, more models and have improved greatly because of it. This video serves to show the global markets that LR products are not just the dino fuel sucking hogs they have become known for. More engine/platform options means more sales and broader spectrum of customers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I saw it I wanted to see a behind the scenes movie about how they got the RRS back down afterwards! It's ok driving up but I'm pretty sure that those cables were used to winch it backwards back down. Now THAT would be the ride if they drove it down but somehow I think that that would be a fatal exercise for car & driver.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,986 Posts
I would love to see how Hill descent would work? On the top. I don’t think he fully climbed the platform as the rear wheels where stuck? The video makes me want the hybrid too. Wish it was a V8 so the choice is easier;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think that basically they got as far as they could given the sharp left turn at the top. Note in the video the tyres on the right front corner wall at the top from the aerial shot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts