RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer says Land Rover still has not posted a fix. Anyone know anything about this ? I hate it. Just ridiculous. Thanks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,990 Posts
You have the V8 SC with brembos? If it's squeaky brakes you just need to wash off the dust from the pads. Brembos are suppose to be squeaky,

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
252 Posts
When my brakes get a little noisy, i just do a couple of hard braking runs to clean the glaze off and they're good to go for a while.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
This problem isn't unique to RRS. Nearly every car I've ever owned with large brakes does this after a while and there's really nothing that can be done about it. This is while you're supposed to follow the bedding procedure as recommended by Brembo and even then ...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I had this problem.
JLR glazed the brakes. That didn't work. So they replaced the pads. Haven't had issues since.

As others have said, big brakes tend to squeak a little, but it shouldn't be excessive at the same time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had this problem recently on my 13 AB. Dealer replaced the rotors and pads as well as some bolts. The bolts were due to a TSB for this exact issue (per the dealer). It's been about a 1000 miles and so far so good.

Maybe have the dealer see if the TSB applies to MY 14 as well?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR has had squeaky brakes since day 4. I took delivery on 12/5/2015. They checked the calipers and rotors all good. They had a second generation brake pad out after my build date of 11/8/2015. The noise came back 5 days later. I noticed it the next day after it was washed. What was happening was, I'd get a high pitch squeak when first applying the brakes. When I let off the brakes after a full stop, you could hear a squeaky sound from the left front that would roll it's way out as you accelerated. The noise happens over lower speeds and when the brakes are hot. I've spoken to Land Rover. They are working on developing a 3rd pad available on case by case basis to certain Range Rover owners with Brembos. Very annoying. I traded a 2015 Autobiography for this 2016 SVR. Love the car, hate the noise. The 2nd pad they have halted installing. Now just waiting on the 3rd redesigned pad. They say 1-2 months. It's crazy!

·
Registered
160 Posts
My 2015 SCV8 dynamic sport had a TSB for both front and rear brakes squeaking, the front being the TSB for caliper bolts, as mentioned above. Got the fix done a few weeks ago, and the car brakes better and doesn't squeak anymore, fingers crossed. Take it in and have service look for the TSB.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's getting more annoying. Like I said light braking you hear the noise and after releasing the brakes. Now on slow left turns it squeaks like on a curb at slower speeds. It has 1600 miles on it. Mad as beck.

·
Registered
160 Posts
They fixed my fronts under warranty at 8000 miles. Take it in! they will give you new pads and replace the caliper bolts under a TSB and it will be free. I had the exact symptoms (low speed, only when first applying).

·
Registered
16 Posts
They replaced the pads two weeks after I took ownership, the end of this past December. The new pads were fine for 5 days. They replaced the bolts as well. Noise is back. I spoke to them today, a new redesigned pad has been manufactured again due to the 2nd one failing on a number of owners. It should be installed in the next 1-2 weeks. We will see how it works out. My Land Rover dealership had an aftermarket pad that has worked and had in stock, but Land Rover will not let them install it. It's crazy! The vehicle now has 1700 miles on it and just over a month old.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My brakes started squeeking also--after 8 or 9 months of ownership. I notice is when braking at low speeds. I have a '15 ATB. Will bring it to the dealer later this month or next month.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I suggested it and Land Rover will not let the dealer do it. I just got a call this morning that the revised 3rd set up pads have been completed by Land Rover and installed next week. Hopefully this ends this horribly embarrassing problem. All I focus on is this noise, not how great this vehicle really is. I will update later.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Exact same noise I had on my car.
They managed to fix it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My squealing brake pads were replaced last week at 11k miles. Got the car back and literally the first time I drive the car the brakes squealed worse than they did before. Happens every single application of the brakes. Maddening. Car was in the shop 8 days for the first service!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Contact your Land Rover Dealer. The 3rd pad has just completed and there is a new part number for the 3rd pad. They are being installed on a case by case basis . They have to submit your vin. Raise hell, but in a nice way. Mine are getting installed late next week. I hope it fixes it, or they can take it back.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts