Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
765 Posts
I think the blades used by LR may be limited by the rubber compound used. I noticed a huge difference in wiper performance in cold weather vs warm weather. When it's cold, the wipers don't do a very good job. I have not tried any other brands yet.

· Registered
97 Posts
It's not a perfect fix but I have had good success with Rain-X. It only lasts a couple months before you need to reapply but it definitely helps shed water and snow and reduces the need for wipers. Many times I can get away with no wipers at all in certain rain conditions. Takes about 20 minutes to apply to front and rear windshields.

· Registered
275 Posts
I don't think the OEM blades are the worst I've experience but they aren't the greatest either. With that said, I tried the Rain-X Latitude 8-in-1 beam wipers today and while they're great at low speeds, at highway speeds the driver side blade lifts pretty badly. I was looking for the Bosch Icon blades to try next but they don't have any that fit our L494 RRS.
I just ordered the Trico Force beam blades and will let you know how they are when I get them later this week.

· Registered
298 Posts
What size are the wiper blades you are buying as replacements? I can't find the information in the manual. The dealer's service and parts departments don't know either--"we just order by part #."

When I measure I get 23" and 21" for the front wipers, but those are oddball sizes where replacements are concerned. Will a 24/20 combo work?

· Registered
275 Posts
The generic blade sizes are: Driver=24", Passenger=20".
The Trico Force beam wiper part numbers are: Driver #25-240; Passenger #25-200
The Rain-X Latitude beam wiper part numbers are: Driver #5079280; Passenger #5079277

· Registered
298 Posts
I installed the PIAA Aero Vogue silicon wipers. They are available on Amazon... the model number is in the picture below.

Material property Book Publication

It's amazing. They look exactly like the OEM wipers. I wonder if PIAA makes the OEM wipers? It's that close. The 24" (driver's side) and 20" (passenger side) are a perfect fit.

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Rim

The wiper attachment is a standard J hook. The PIAAs have the same set up, no adapter needed.

Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Parking Windshield

· Registered
252 Posts
I guess my wiper blades were made on a Wednesday or something. I've had the vehicle for 18000 miles and i'm still using the factory wipers that it came with. Front and back work perfectly. Very clear, silent when on, no streaks, etc... Plus the rain sensing works very well by my estimation. I hit a large puddle today on the way to work and before i could move my hand to the wiper control, the wipers were on and off again. Near instant.

And we've hat A LOT of rain over the past year. I even have to park under a tree which drips sap on my windscreen, wipers still work great. Seems weird to hear of people having issues with this. Maybe using them often keeps them in good shape?

· Registered
160 Posts
I've been tempted to try the Bosch Icon 24A and 20B wiper sizes, as they are available at wally world and could easily be returned if they do not fit. I have them on my coupe and they have held up fantastically for over 2 years now, still no streaks or squeaks. Best wiper blades I've ever used, bar none. I'd love to get a set on the Sport but the Icon's are not listed as having a fitted part. I know they used the standard J-hook connection, and other Bosch blades are listed as a fit, so I wonder if there is an issue with clearance or something.

· Registered
275 Posts
I had the same question about the Bosch Icon blades as well but there's no local store that carries them. If you do get them, please let us know if they do indeed work on the RRS.

· Registered
160 Posts
I had the same question about the Bosch Icon blades as well but there's no local store that carries them. If you do get them, please let us know if they do indeed work on the RRS.
My local Wal-Mart and just about every auto parts store (Advance, Autozone, etc) all carry Icons. Have you checked these types of places?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.