RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across a custom i-bus interface a person was developing for use with Android tablet to replace the stock head unit. Unfortunately he is stopping development but is putting up for sale all the schematics and programming for sale. I post it here as there are folks out there that may want to pick up the torch:

http://www.startercircuits.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055MxAmdZ6w

Z

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: RR HSE (i-bus) Android replacement for stock nav head unit

Looks good so far, way to early in its stages, for me too many tricky things... Try showing your girl or wife how to use that or anyone else driving the Range! That would be a problem.
We need a plug in turn on ! No menu's clicking back and forth, you still will need to instal a aftermarket amplifier in some most cases. You will not want to retain half the factory audio system. It just might be a time bomb waiting to irrupt again.
Very nice system, once it's perfected. It should use all factory wiring but should come with an integration for aftermarket amplifiers for some newbie D.I.Y.'ers.
If the person can make a factory looking bezel and take apart the dash to remove a L322 radio, they should have no problem just installing a complete after market head unit and amplifiers.

Where did you find this anyway? Good research Zonker! I couldn't find this after days of other options to replacing head units.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Where did you find this anyway? Good research Zonker! I couldn't find this after days of other options to replacing head units.
I think it was just a search of i-bus and navigation on youtube.. something like that. Anyway I've been looking for a solution to add a tablet (iOS or Android) to replace the head unit while retaining the factory system. That seems like it would give the most flexibility. Hopefully someone can pick up the development where the original person is leaving off.

Z

·
Registered
46 Posts

Dynavin. Google it. There is a ms unit and an android unit. I installed the ms unit. It works in my 2004 USA spec rr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts