RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm new to this forum and hopefully I can get some help and advice on my LHD L322 4.4 V8.

I shipped my car from the Middle East as I had it for many years and selling it there was not an option. I had company space in the container so....

Unfortunately, the car sustained lower sub frame damage and I'm trying to locate parts.

So far I'm having difficulty sourcing a good used radiator, condenser and assembly.

Is anyone here able to give me a part number on the attached based on the photo?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No photo is showing. What year is your RR? Where are you located?
. HI.... This is the photo. The forum is not allowing me to upload from my laptop ?
It's a 2006 RR 4.4 V8 petrol.... 'm based in Coventry... Just desperate to get this part

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
So far I'm having difficulty sourcing a good used radiator, condenser and assembly.
Radiators are not something to install used. order in a new one so you know the condition. Rimmer Bros have always been good to me when I have needed parts. They most likely have genuine and after market options.

As far as your condenser I would have no clue where to find used in your area.

So what "assembly" are you needing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Radiators are not something to install used. order in a new one so you know the condition. Rimmer Bros have always been good to me when I have needed parts. They most likely have genuine and after market options.

As far as your condenser I would have no clue where to find used in your area.

So what "assembly" are you needing?
I understand but right now, I've got a limited budget. I've got to replace all 4 airbags, lower subframe, rad, condenser rad and all plastic fittings including the fan and shroud ((

I can source radiators but, despite being described as being for my year, type and model, all don't look like mine and I can't find the part number.

Any help from you experts out there?

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Sadly you have a 2006. Many of the parts are one year only.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
The radiator part number is PCC500670 (which superseded PCC500370)

The condenser part number is LR010843 (previously JRB500200, then JRB500220, then LR011406 and finally LR010843).

The 4.2 supercharged L322 uses these same two components, so hopefully you shouldn’t have difficulty in sourcing them.

Phil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Phil

Any reason why the majority of rads are not this type for a L322 2006?

My RR is LHD and Middle East spec.

I have the BMW 4.4 engine - could I use a more common variant for my RR?

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Fiorano, If you have the BMW engine you do NOT have a 2006. 2006 was the first year for the 2 new jag engines under Ford.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Open the door, look at the sticker and tell us what the production date is.

There are too many holes in this train of thought. You either don;t have a 2006 or you don;t have a BMW engine. Is your rig is actually a 2005 and you are calling it a 2006 because that's when it was first registered? Even in that scenario the 2008 Rovers did not have a BMW engine. It was Jag just as the 2006 engine was. Many folks get confused and think all 4.4 engines are BMW.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
Looking at the picture you do not have a BMW M62 engine. It is so fresh in my mind and torn to pieces in my garage.

As I also have a Jag - what you have showing in the pictures appears to be a Jag design and layout.

But - the radiator and shroud do look like what is on my 2004 RR (with the BMW M62 engine). I suggest you examine and measure the radiator and condenser (look for part numbers) and look for a part number on the shroud. The compare pictures to confirm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Open the door, look at the sticker and tell us what the production date is.

There are too many holes in this train of thought. You either don;t have a 2006 or you don;t have a BMW engine. Is your rig is actually a 2005 and you are calling it a 2006 because that's when it was first registered? Even in that scenario the 2008 Rovers did not have a BMW engine. It was Jag just as the 2006 engine was. Many folks get confused and think all 4.4 engines are BMW.
I just did a chassis number check... This is what came up. It seems to be a 2006 model.

Note the engine number on the Registration is the old engine number before it was replaced.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking at the picture you do not have a BMW M62 engine. It is so fresh in my mind and torn to pieces in my garage.

As I also have a Jag - what you have showing in the pictures appears to be a Jag design and layout.

But - the radiator and shroud do look like what is on my 2004 RR (with the BMW M62 engine). I suggest you examine and measure the radiator and condenser (look for part numbers) and look for a part number on the shroud. The compare pictures to confirm.
Totally confused now... Here are some more photos...

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
So then it is a Jag 4.4, not the BMW 4.4. So your radiator and condensor will be listed as a 2006 4.4 because that is the original cooling system. The parts are interchangeable 06-09.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts