RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 RR HSE TD6
36 month lease with 12k miles
So the issue I am running into is that the dealers are quoting the MF at .00345.
The quote that the houston dealer gave me was $
Base: 105,546
Taxes and all fees drive out: $113,471
With 64% residual and his MF, he is quoting $1875 with the first month due.

I reached out to a dealer in San Antonio, and he quoted the same MF, which equates to around 8.28% interest.

Anyone have any success getting .00245 MF(As quoted on Edmunds).

The dealers that I have contacted aren't budging from .00345 in Texas.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
2018 RR HSE TD6
36 month lease with 12k miles
So the issue I am running into is that the dealers are quoting the MF at .00345.
The quote that the houston dealer gave me was $
Base: 105,546
Taxes and all fees drive out: $113,471
With 64% residual and his MF, he is quoting $1875 with the first month due.

I reached out to a dealer in San Antonio, and he quoted the same MF, which equates to around 8.28% interest.

Anyone have any success getting .00245 MF(As quoted on Edmunds).

The dealers that I have contacted aren't budging from .00345 in Texas.

Thank you in advance
I am going to end up having this same argument in Austin next month when my car arrives. I have had this argument with BMW, Porsche, etc...I refuse to pay a higher MF, especially when I am paying MSRP. I have no problem walking just out of principle, so far it hasn't come to that with the other brands though.

·
Registered
888 Posts
You might consider going direct with your bank or another bank/CU. Most larger ones have lease programs, although they are not heavily advertised. Another possibility is a leasing finance company. However, I suspect your bank/CU may provide the best option. Sure doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
You got me thinking and I started running the numbers this morning. Even at the base MF the car really doesn't make much sense to lease, especially in Texas since you are paying taxes either way. I am most likely just going to buy the car and sell it in 2-3 years. I usually lease for convenience, but this time it isn't worth me paying that much more for convenience.

·
Registered
952 Posts
A 64% residual...wow. I remember when Range Rovers leased with 3 yr residuals much less than that. But that money factor is terrible and I would never consider it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As remington said, that residual is the highest I've ever seen on a RR. I'm guessing banks will get you a lower MF but won't be able to touch that residual. RR are not / have not been good lease candidates. You are give away too much of the economics away at those rates. You could probably get a much better rate on a loan and take the resale risk on yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The MY17 currently have a lease special with .00080 MF and discounted price tag ($93k vs $106k) which significantly lowers the lease payment ($1240 vs $1850)
I really want the 2018 but with this deal, it makes it harder. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The MY17 currently have a lease special with .00080 MF and discounted price tag ($93k vs $106k) which significantly lowers the lease payment ($1240 vs $1850)
I really want the 2018 but with this deal, it makes it harder. Any ideas?
On paper it seems like a great deal. But if you are going to regret not having a 2018 a year from now and want to get out of the lease and switch, it will probably cost you much more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My thought process was to lease the '17, save the $15-20k over the three years from MSRP reduction and MF drop (I'm at $1100/mo incl CA taxes), and then get whatever is new when my lease is up. This is my first Rover so I'm also learning what options are important, and what I potentially would add down the road if I got another one. I think you've got until end of the month for JLR to support leasing the '17s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking along the same lines, however from looking at the enthusiasts responses, the '18 seems like a better buy. At this point I am confused about which option to go with. However you're right about saving $15k-$20k over three years. This will be my first RR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts