RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying the Roverracks rear access ladder. It seems like a fair price at $240 shipped. I have the SD rack and it is a chore to get things up there without side steps.

Anyone have one?

Sounds like the guys there have been helpful to other members and make some quality stuff.

I just sold my bimmer so I have some cash to put into the Rangie (tires, maintenance parts, steering guard, ladder, sliders...)

·
Registered
65 Posts
spikemd said:
I am thinking about buying the Roverracks rear access ladder. It seems like a fair price at $240 shipped. I have the SD rack and it is a chore to get things up there without side steps.

Anyone have one?

Sounds like the guys there have been helpful to other members and make some quality stuff.

I just sold my bimmer so I have some cash to put into the Rangie (tires, maintenance parts, steering guard, ladder, sliders...)
I heard their first design rusted fairly easily, but that was corrected with the version they now sell. I haven't heard too much else besides that, so that could be a good thing. I also am selling a car, so I was planning on purchasing one of these ladders as well.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
They're right down the road from me. I met the owner once when he was over to visit my neighbor (nice guy). If they give you any trouble I'll go throw a rock through their door for you. :thumb:

·
Registered
494 Posts
my dad and i have both used him. been pleased with the results. rusting appears to be overcome. we're over a year in now in an area that gets alot of salting in the winter, and exposed to salt ocean air all year round. unless something's changed, i think you're good.
and post pics...

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
I love the 'salty air' causes rust legend. Salt doesn't evaporate with the water...think distilled water.
If that were true I could lick my house and taste salt, instead of lizard poop.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I think I am going to place my order.

As far as salty air, I think that droplets of water from the ocean and waves are picked up by the air/wind and then can reach cars. In SF, there is definitely rust on cars within 1/2 mile of the ocean, but not further inland. I agree that I don't think the slat is evaporated.

Rust won't be an issue for me in CA.

I will post pics when I get it.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Salt spray definitely gets into the air...but it quickly falls back down. Rain or a rinse off gets it off...it's much easier to handle than road salt in winter...that crap gets everywhere and is much more concentrated.

·
Registered
494 Posts
i think that's the distinction, although it had never occurred to me to question the evaporation characteristics of it. i'm talking about howling winds blowing onshore actual salt spray all over the car for hours, which then dries in the heat of summer or cold of winter into a lovely candy shell. you can anal retentively hose it off constantly; but it just keeps coming.
at any rate the ladders have not rusted so i think you're good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts