Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone

I have been chasing down some weird running issues with my classic. Its been emissions related. After completing a fuel pressure test to show fuel pressure is operating as it should, I turned my attention to trying to determine if rovergauge could help me. After hooking up to the truck, i got some strange readouts. Question is, where should the lambda readings be?

Mine came in with one bank applying 100% fuel, and the other side at 14% (14% sounds right? but is that what rovergauge should read?)
To test if this would replicated on the other side, I swapped the 02 sensor plugs, in essence testing the 02s in reverse... and the same 02 applied 100% in fuel, and the other side now pulled 100% fuel.... Then idle bypass jumped up to 71%!

Being I have no check engine light, its been proposed that I might have a bad ECU... I have a spare coming from fleabay out of a running truck that I can try, and I also ordered 2 02 sensors...

Anyone have any rovergauge experience, care to share what a good running truck should look like?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have been useing Rover gauge but am still working with it
But there are some iTunes*YouTube videos
Showing a good running truck

·
Registered
41 Posts
As a sanity check for your O2 sensor wiring make sure you have the correct fuel pump relay, check the wiring from the fuel pump relay to you sensor heating elements, and check your grounds. Rover Gauge should show the lambda sensors switching from lean to rich and visa versa. YouTube has some videos showing this for the 14CUX EFI setup. Also, in the options settings in Rover Gauge you can turn off other parameters you don't need to see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts