RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rover won't start now unless the hood is open.
I turn the key half way and the electronics turn on and then I turn the key all the way to start the engine and I hear nothing then when I pop my hood and lift it the engine starts up right a way.

I've looked to see if anything is touching the terminals and there's nothing. I made sure the cables are tight on the terminals and I've tested the battery.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm amazed once again

-Garrett

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
upboardin said:
Failed remote starter install? Aftermarket security?

No nothing is aftermarket except a HID headlight kit that I've had for about two years.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Just for giggles, try disconnecting the "bonnet open" sensor and see what happens.
On our 98 NAS the wires run under the battery compartment to the slam panel, easy enough to trace. I just cut a wire and taped it up. But you could try reaching under there and disconnecting it too i guess....

martin

·
Registered
201 Posts
leftlanetruckin said:
Just for giggles, try disconnecting the "bonnet open" sensor and see what happens.
On our 98 NAS the wires run under the battery compartment to the slam panel, easy enough to trace. I just cut a wire and taped it up. But you could try reaching under there and disconnecting it too i guess....

martin
Mine starts with the bonnet open message blasting it's obnoxious racket at me (sticky catch on the D/S), PITA but I open the bloody thing so bloody infrequently i'll live with it mate. `)

Chris.

·
Registered
42 Posts
well this is def one of the stranger problems ive heard of. I agree, try to disconnect the hood swtich below is a diagram from rave.

If this doesnt work, i suggest removing the hood and your problem will be solved.

Goodluck.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh haha guys I just figured this out and it was the ground cable that was going to the alternator that was loose and when the hood was open somehow it was making a better connection because it wasn't pushing on the cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts