Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working out all these little kinks in my 2004 Range Rover. Just recently has valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, balance and rotate, etc.. done. I was told that my fuel filter and pump were fine from pressure test. But to me it just sounds like it could be the fuel filter, but hey I dunno. Range is riding much better after all the maintenance but still seems to struggle a bit when going up hills. Transmission shifts fine at all speeds. But truck struggles only when going up hill. Any advice? Is there a good fuel system cleaner I can use that works well with Range Rover and wont throw off any errors or sensors??

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Working out all these little kinks in my 2004 Range Rover. Just recently has valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, balance and rotate, etc.. done. I was told that my fuel filter and pump were fine from pressure test. But to me it just sounds like it could be the fuel filter, but hey I dunno. Range is riding much better after all the maintenance but still seems to struggle a bit when going up hills. Transmission shifts fine at all speeds. But truck struggles only when going up hill. Any advice? Is there a good fuel system cleaner I can use that works well with Range Rover and wont throw off any errors or sensors??
I thought it was something skipping at the engine also when I had this same issue... Did a lot of work to no avail... Feels like on hills you're getting a misfire/rumble. Ended up being the torque converter, which had horribly contaminated the trans which was starting to show signs of needing a rebuild (I drove under this condition for 30,000 miles). That's about the time I sold the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts