RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Just got my upgraded EAS pump and pressure gauge kit from Rover Renovations. The pump is in and working and I've got the pressure gauge kit. It came with a T connector and a little stub of an air pipe sticking out of one end. The pressure gauge itself comes with a 2 meter length of air pipe all wonderfully terminated with little brass olives(?) and brass inserts in the pipe. Is there a standard way you guys are installing this? I actually got it hooked up and everything is working but I don't want to be drilling holes or cutting anything down and then finding out there was an easier way.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
335 Posts
Hi

I had the main console apart and after examining the ashtray from underneath, found that it can be easily removed as a whole unit including the lid. There are four screws holding it in place. I have a vacuum gauge that I would like to install and I am contemplating making a replacement "lid" after removing the ashtray and fitting the gauge(s) to this "lid". I have created an image that tries to show what I mean.

[attachment=0:1ejqdvdm]RR Ashtray after.jpg[/attachment:1ejqdvdm]

Attachments

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Hi,

Want to see my lazy easy setup ?
I may use the ashtray to fit and hide 2 another dual needle gauge for all the airsprings.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi 996TURBO

Noted, but my neck would not be long enough to read it from MY driving position :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW Peter, does your AM radio band go up in 10Khz or 9KHz steps... e.g would it show 610 or 612... I suspect mine was shipped with a Canada/USA/Mexico spec radio (goes in steps of 10KHz) although the latest microcat has the VIN as an Australia -bound vehicle...

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Noted that you have a RHD :lol:
You can either
-buy a longer 6mm air pipe
-install it near LHD A pillar and look at it from your driver seat, from my experience with a more little (45 mm) gauge it works well.
Who cares about 8 bars instead of 9 or 10. You bought that thing to check if the air tank is low or full.

·
Registered
72 Posts
996TURBO said:
Who cares about 8 bars instead of 9 or 10. You bought that thing to check if the air tank is low or full.

Been curious about this for a while.... Absolute value of the tank pressure seems to be fairly unimportant.

Seems like what you'd really want to see is the duty cycle of the compressor.... How long it takes the compressor to refill the tank and how often it does so.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Exactly

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
996TURBO said:
Hi,

Want to see my lazy easy setup ?
I may use the ashtray to fit and hide 2 another dual needle gauge for all the airsprings.
996Turbo,
I'd love to see it. I'm all for lazy and easy...

-Blue

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
wow thats intresting so one gauge measure the tank psi what did the other one do? the vacum..Hmmmm

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Scotty said:
wow thats intresting so one gauge measure the tank psi what did the other one do? the vacum..Hmmmm
In fact, dual needle gauge only serves airsprings read.
But airsprings gauges only serves to control that you don't have any small leak and also to impress mates with a competition like cockpit

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
right on, gotta get me some of that..

Scotty

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
jgreene said:
996TURBO said:

Been curious about this for a while.... Absolute value of the tank pressure seems to be fairly unimportant.

Seems like what you'd really want to see is the duty cycle of the compressor.... How long it takes the compressor to refill the tank and how often it does so.
Spot on, I rarely look at mine anymore, just listen (it's an old one, rattles like crazy when the comp runs, and crazier when using air from the tank..) I have it in the corner of the windshield/A pillar as well, the line just runs past the bonnet hinge, pushes into the small gap between the dash and pillar.

A cleaner install is on my list, but it's not high on the list.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
My 'cockpit"...
Sorry for it being slightly off center, kind of hard to take accurate pics at that speed :thumb:
[attachment=0:1rd50v74]gauges-web.jpg[/attachment:1rd50v74]

Martin

Attachments

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Is that a Rv or a truck?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
996TURBO said:
Is that a Rv or a truck?
it is this with this load on.....
[attachment=0:27o5fwu8]genset-enclosure-web1.jpg[/attachment:27o5fwu8]

And no I wasn't going downhill, the lower left gauge is the boost gauge, and it is showing @15lbs of boost :thumb:

Martin

Attachments

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Show off :lol: :lol:

Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Scotty said:
Show off :lol: :lol:

Scotty
Got to love it when Utah raises the speed limit to 80mph on some parts huh? :thumb:
No fear though, I will pay for it when I go to fuel up..... :crybaby2:

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Yeah you will. What's on the rig? :think:
Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Enclosure for a big generator!

martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
leftlanetruckin said:
996TURBO said:
Is that a Rv or a truck?
it is this with this load on.....
[attachment=0:2aygdea3]genset-enclosure-web1.jpg[/attachment:2aygdea3]

And no I wasn't going downhill, the lower left gauge is the boost gauge, and it is showing @15lbs of boost :thumb:

Martin
Funny thing, there's a special Trucker Documentary tonight on french TV. Very interesting

1 - 20 of 35 Posts