RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So exactly what is this thing supposed to do?
I’m on bump stops. I air it up. But when I start the engine, it falls to the bump stops again.
Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
uhm, sounds like you missing finding your leaks. Care to give us some more information as to why you purchased one in the first place? P38 sinking over night, Compressor running constantly? You have not really given us any information to be able to assist you. How miles on the current bladders?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I would imagine that if you can air it up manually.....AND it stays up until you switch it on, that what you are missing is the part where you remove the fuse to disable the eas so it does not dump yer air?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah. Got it. Since there were really no instructions or guidance, I had to muddle through it.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uhm, sounds like you missing finding your leaks. Care to give us some more information as to why you purchased one in the first place? P38 sinking over night, Compressor running constantly? You have not really given us any information to be able to assist you. How miles on the current bladders?
Wasn’t sinking overnight. It would air down when I started it up. It was holding air up until then.
I noticed the compressor not running anymore.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Interesting, the leak is therefore in the valve body, or on the air tank pressure side perhaps?
So, the supply side goes empty over night, and when the system fires up and attempts to adjust a bit, it dumps all the air out into the tank?

Time for the compressor to be overhauled. Probably needs brushes.
Have you ever rebuilt a valve body? Pretty easy fix.
Also, the compressor can have it's head rebuilt as well....Very easy job.
Of course, you need to check the usual first: The fuse, and relay for the compressor. Also could be the pressure switch.
With the sort of leak you have tho' I suspect the compressor has been working it's guts out, and is in need of attention.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ll be checking all those. Easy now that I have a second vehicle all be it another Rover.

Sent from my iPhone X

1 - 7 of 7 Posts