RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I was wondering where the best online place to get parts for my '12 RR SC is? Needing a brake job and i was quoted 2500 at the dealership. That motivated me!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
13 Posts
RockAuto.com has good prices and selection for brakes. Seems like I was under $200/ea for front & rear kits for my RRS.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Go with eBay or Amazon; you will see the brands and prices that are in the market place. Then pop over to BA or Rock Auto and compare prices and offerings. Brembos cost a bit more, but you will see many choices. And they are really not that hard to do. Hardest part is the wear sensor (one rear, one front). They wear out and the kit has a long , long pigtail.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Sport brakes are as easy to do as any Toyota or Nissan. I went with EBC pads, purchased off Amazon. The brake pad surface comes with an abrasive coating that does a nice job of scuffing in the rotors. Agree with Jim, the most difficult part is dealing with the sensor. It's clipped into the caliper and should be easy to remove with a pair of pliers, pulling straight towards the back of the truck. The trouble is, after all the heat cycles the plastic can get very brittle. While I was trying to remove mine, I accidentally bumped it with my hand and it snapped like a twig. Amazon also sells those, which are OEM and less than $20. The worst part about changing the sensor is the lead winds way up and clips in underneath and out of sight, which for me was impossible to do without removing the plastic rivets and pulling out the fender liner.

Don't let any of that spook you off though, overall a really easy way to save $2400.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
. . . and tear the crap out of the back of your hand as you try to thread the piglet up behind the fender liner. But easy to do. On my '13, I cut the old lead and spliced/soldered and used heat shrink to get around the issue. Probably due to big hands . . .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
. . . and tear the crap out of the back of your hand as you try to thread the piglet up behind the fender liner. But easy to do. On my '13, I cut the old lead and spliced/soldered and used heat shrink to get around the issue. Probably due to big hands . . .
great tip! has that worked ok?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
IT also helps to get the Brembo part number and search online using that. The same discs are used on different vehicles. Get it at https://www.bremboparts.com/america/en.

Check this yourself, but I think for your truck the LR part number for a front rotor is LR016176 - you can get it for $141.39 each on Amazon; the Brembo part number is 09.A063.11 - it will set you back $104.96 on Amazon for the same part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So when i look up these brake parts, they ask for sub model type: supercharged or autobiography. mine is both. did the autobiography model come without the SC? Im assuming Id choose SC since i cant choose both, right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts