RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I am still determined to save the mot fail P38 from the scrap yard, so far sorted the srs fault, rebuilt pump and compressor block and got the air suspension working....along with the long list of fails all sorted!

I have found that the sills around the body mounts have badly rusted and after cleaning back have some large holes either side...now rather than doing loads of patch welds can anybody tell me if I can get full replacement sills? Tried a few places...found one place that says they get them made to order but at £450 a side that's a big no no!

If the worst comes to the worst I will cut and shape patches and weld it up provided I find sound metal to weld too!! On my other P38 before welding I disconnected every ecu to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
have you tried contacting YRM metals in Durham on your side of the pond?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks will check didn't see anything on YRM site but did think of them as had some metal repair pieces from them for the Defender, I think many people may get a nasty shock if they remove the underseal around the body mounts at the sills, that's the third one I have seen..perhaps it's the poor Scottish weather!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts